+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused, Mixed Signals

Confused, Mixed Signals

Okay, here's my story. You'll hopefully understand my confusion after reading it, and I'm hoping someone can offer advice.

I'm currently a college student, and this past spring break met a girl while back home. She was a friend of a friend, and we were part of a big group going camping. We clicked and spent both nights sleeping together, just cuddling and kissing. Afterwards, I went back to school and right afterwards went on vacation for six weeks, so we only had contact through phone and internet, and only talked once a week or so. Once I got back home, we started spending time together and that chemistry was still there, so after a few "dates", I asked her out.

She said yes, and for the first couple of weeks things went great. We only hung out about twice a week (she lived a decent ways away from me), but as far as I could tell things were good. Suddenly though, she started to seem distant and reluctant to even hold hands or kiss. After a week or so, and one really awkward night out with friends, I called her and she told me that she just wanted to be friends. I'm not angry/confused about that, as I saw it coming and appreciated her being honest and straightforward about not wanting a relationship.

This is where I got confused though; for the next few days she'd text me or talk to me online, just to talk or see how I was doing. I want to be friends with her at the least, as I still think she's an awesome person, so I didn't ignore her like I probably should have. A couple weeks after we broke up, we spent a day together; seeing as she broke up with me I had no intention of trying to do anything physical that night. We started watching a movie and as she laid down, I started to lay down with my head facing the opposite direction; she told me to lay down next to her though, so I switched. It led to us holding hands and kissing and such again.

That was pretty recent, and now I am extremely confused. I realize that I need to talk to her and figure out what's going on, but I'm nervous that doing so will just ruin whatever we have. I like her a lot, and need to know if I should get over her or try and get her back. Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen to them?

Oh and thanks for dealing with the really long story if you read this, lol.

yes you have to talk to her about it.
    i dont think there is anything there but i could be wrong. considering she told you straightforward she didnt want a relationship.
    i always think its best to talk and tell what you really think. if you want to be with her then tell her that you do and to stop this confusion. if she doesnt then you can just leave and move on.there is a chance that it might ruin what you have but theres also a chance that you get together. are you just happy wondering? if not then you have to take action. i dont think you'll be satisfied in the long run with what you have now anyway. your call friend.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Sounds like she wants to be friends.... WITH BENEFITS.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

haha yeah thats a definite possibility.
    sorry if u really like her mate, but i dont think it will work out.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.