+ Follow This Topic

Thread: On 6 weeks holiday and it seems we're drifting apart.

On 6 weeks holiday and it seems we're drifting apart.

Long story short, in a relationship with my girlfriend for 3 months already. Currently, I'm on a 6 weeks holiday away from her. Where I am is 7 hours ahead of her... Distance...

We talk to each other on Skype everyday. And it's obvious we're running out of things to talk about. And now we're at a point of drifting apart. I feel... I dunno... I feel like I'm loosing her. I don't want that. I. Don't. Want. That. It'll crush me. I love her so much. 3 months might not seem long but the love is for real.

I've been away for 1 and a half weeks now. And things're going sour. I don't know. I want to keep talking to her. I want to be with her as much as I can. But recently she seems... sad. Unhappy. She says it's because she misses me... I miss her too. Loads.

I guess what I'm asking here is, what can I do to keep us together, entertained or whatever, so when I go back, it'll be as great as it was before? Long distance isn't my forte... I don't want us to fall apart because I was away for the summer. If that's the case... I'd be... devastated I guess. I know love knows no distance... But let's be practical here. So... any advice?

Six weeks is a long holiday, and you went without her. Did you not expect that this would be hard on the relationship?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I knew it was gonna be hard. We both knew it was gonna be hard. But what can I do? I'm forced to go for the holiday with my family... I just... man... I really need some help here...