+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men are hard to understand

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    lonely or horny?
    Both. Ugh.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    The general rule of thumb is for the guy to call two days later. If a guy calls the very next day, that may be seen as a little too desperate, though it's acceptable if there was some great chemistry. If a guy calls three days later, that's a little negligent, but still within the boundaries of normal behavior. Later than that sends the message that he's not that into you.

If he's following these rules, then he's a dumb twat who is best worth forgetting about.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Both. Ugh.
    Have you got a job or interests?

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Have you got a job or interests?
    Yep! I have a job and I have me video games and cartoons. xD I'm a total nerd.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Yep! I have a job and I have me video games and cartoons. xD I'm a total nerd.
    ....take no notice of me, I was just trying to wind you up....and failed lols

If he's following these rules, then he's a dumb twat who is best worth forgetting about.
    Not everybody has the confidence to operate on pure instinct like you do. Like it or not, there are standard gender roles that include certain standard behaviors, with cultural variations. Guys are expected to ask for the number, and are expected to make the first call. Women are expected to wait passively for that call. There are general expectations about how soon that call should occur, despite what you may personally believe.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

....take no notice of me, I was just trying to wind you up....and failed lols
    Hey azure! What's a good lookin girl doing in a place like this? lol Do you come here often?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Not everybody has the confidence to operate on pure instinct like you do. Like it or not, there are standard gender roles that include certain standard behaviors, with cultural variations. Guys are expected to ask for the number, and are expected to make the first call. Women are expected to wait passively for that call. There are general expectations about how soon that call should occur, despite what you may personally believe.
    I think what she's trying to say is a boy who waits to call is a boy not interested ENOUGH in her. And I agree with that notion, if he likes me enough he'll call right away... and I wouldn't think he's too eager or desperate because I'm just as "desperate and eager" waiting for the call.

Vincenzo.....Not everybody has the confidence to operate on pure instinct like you do.
    No need to get snotty and snidey.

I think what she's trying to say is a boy who waits to call is a boy not interested ENOUGH in her. And I agree with that notion, if he likes me enough he'll call right away... and I wouldn't think he's too eager or desperate because I'm just as "desperate and eager" waiting for the call.
    DITTO........

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No need to get snotty and snidey.

DITTO........
    I explained it though you just spewed it as your way or the highway. Realize that you're the minoirty with this school of thought, I have. I'm well aware that "general rules" say wait a day or 2.

jesus, relax. you obviously are desperate. have a real think about how you're thinking here. He's still on vacation, he's busy. if he calls then he calls, if he doesn;t then he doesn't. NEXT! you need to change your attitude. the more relaxed you are, the more they flock and the more fun you tend to have because you have no expectations. stop expecting and just get on with things, sometimes they call and sometimes they don't. that's it.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 17-08-10 at 08:03 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He'll call if he feels like it. Otherwise he's not into you. You must know this. Relax.

On a side note, that EliteMeeting ad is freaking me out. The guy in the pic looks identical to a guy I dated years ago, the one who became a lawyer. Yikes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I explained it though you just spewed it as your way or the highway. Realize that you're the minoirty with this school of thought, I have. I'm well aware that "general rules" say wait a day or 2.
    I wasn't commenting on 'general' rules - I was commenting on those stupid dumb dating books that advise wait 3 days 34 minutes and 6 seconds and before you call.

And people who would normally show an interest immediatley are actually following this ditzy shit in the belief it will rouse a womans/mans interest further....LOL

I'd thought Vincenzo was referring to the dating books, when he mentioned dating rules.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 17-08-10 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He'll call if he feels like it. Otherwise he's not into you. You must know this. Relax.
    Exactly. Why do so many women have trouble figuring out, why a man doesn't call?

S-H-E-E-S-H....

Someone's already getting obsessive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12