+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bar Hookups

Quote Originally Posted by subaru88 View Post
    So I am a 22 year old virgin by choice, but have recently been faltering. Most of my potential hookups are girls that I meet at bars. I feel like sex should mean something, but I really don't feel like waiting anymore lol.
    Just want to hear what all of you think; is the random hookup a good idea for a first time or should I just stick it out?
    Yes, sex should mean something, but if you want to just do it and stop waiting for "the one" then do it! I actually waited until I was 19 to lose my virginity. My first time was with a guy friend of mine. I was sick of waiting for "the one" and wanted to just do it already! I don't regret doing it the way I did it. I knew the guy, I was friends with him and I was comfortable with him. Hooking up with a complete stranger isn't something I would have done, but some people have no problem with it. I've never had a one night stand. For the first time, I suggest doing it with someone you know. A friend you are comfortable with.
    Last edited by ShannonMI; 25-08-10 at 05:35 AM.

Sex shouldn't mean anything more than romping some girl from behind and getting your rocks off. Don't put sex on a pedestal, man.

well, dopplegaenger, it can be more than just romping some girl from behind, but hell, it's pleasure. i don't get people who save themselves for neo. sex=fun and fun is great.
    +there aren't any drawbacks if you use a condom, unless you use cheap ones or you go like a maniac and somehow break a durex or such.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Sex shouldn't mean anything more than romping some girl from behind and getting your rocks off. Don't put sex on a pedestal, man.
    And you Dopp don't make it sound like it's just some primal mundane act meant to release tension a bit like peeing or pooing..come on! having sex for the first time is a major step in one life.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

well, it's major only because we are conditioned to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    And you Dopp don't make it sound like it's just some primal mundane act meant to release tension a bit like peeing or pooing..come on! having sex for the first time is a major step in one life.
    Sex IS a primal mundane act. Haven't you ever seen two dogs ****? It's an instinctual, primal thing. Even with sophisticated monkeys like humans.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Sex IS a primal mundane act. Haven't you ever seen two dogs ****? It's an instinctual, primal thing. Even with sophisticated monkeys like humans.
    I agree that it's an instinctual, primal thing, but humans have FEELINGS! Dogs do not. At least not human type feelings. Although some people can screw without feelings.

Obviously sex is a primal instinct because we all feel the urge, but keeping our urges in check with our intellect is what makes us civilized. I guess ill just try to hook up with some of the friends that I am not to close with because I feel like hooking up with one of my good friends would just be weird. Sounds like a good mid point where I dont have to wait to long!

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonMI View Post
    I agree that it's an instinctual, primal thing, but humans have FEELINGS! Dogs do not. At least not human type feelings. Although some people can screw without feelings.
    Basis?

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you can deny something.

Dogs, cat, pigs, fish -- all have very great minds, and even signs of affection, mammals the most, but they all have also very different minds, very different enviornments and very different types of judgement. Sometimes the most intelligent types can be most idiotic, most cruel.

I have seen dogs among other dogs who have compassion for another dogs and ones spesific in particular. But cats are generally more affectionate. Weird if you think about how many times a year cats have weddings, but it is true. Cats lovegame are very ritualistic, just like humans have. It is the same way with dogs, they have their own rituals, sniff, look, chase. We do the same thing, this way passion is achieved. Its not just humping.

I would show you very nice video about true compassion of a pair of cats, but that might be too depressing to watch.
    Don't expect anything.

I don't understand how people can feel good about themselves after a bar hookup. I would feel used and gross.

I was celibate from age 21 to age 24 mainly because I need to be in a respectful relationship before I can trust someone enough to have sex. A part of me feels like I wasted 3 good years of my prime but I can't really regret my decision. Casual sex isn't for everyone and that's ok. Just do what's right for you.
    Last edited by LailaK; 26-08-10 at 10:52 PM.

Also, if you hook up with friends make sure they are friends you don't care about because there is a high potential they won't be your friend for much longer.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f**king your friend is a terrible idea.

If you feel like sex should probably mean something you'll probably regret nailing the dirty, easy girl in the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    I don't understand how people can feel good about themselves after a bar hookup. I would feel used and gross.
    It's a guy thing. Something to brag about, kind of along the lines of a minor athletic achievement. Like this:

Guy #1: Dude, I nailed that blonde from the bar last night!

Guy #2: Oh yeah? High five!
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

^^^ This is exactly why I was celibate for 3 years and have trust issues with guys. I usually assume guys are not on the same page as I am and that they are only interested in sex.

I'd rather not be looked at as a minor athletic achievement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12