+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Left for family

Left for family

Hey everyone, I was recently in a relationship for almost 2 years and was planning on popping the question. Everything seemed great, and one evening she texted me and asked if we could talk cause she was depressed. I said sure, what are we doing tonight? Dinner and movie? She says yes, then comes over. Little did I know she told me she missed her family too much and wanted to go back to Michigan, and leave me here in FL. She's been confused since I met her and had no direction, which is understandable but she didn't try to make any moves other than showing up to her bar tending job. I'm 23, turning 24 in a week and have my own business and do a side business also. This was just really hard on me because I planned my life around her and also kept her in my thoughts with everything I did and was planning on doing.

She tried texting me today, it's been a few days and I didn't respond cause I don't wanna play games with my head. Advice and opinions greatly appreciated. I know I'm a really good looking guy and there's others out there, but how do I get rid of this anger of being left high and dry? I've been through a similar situation but was cheated on before and made it through it, it was easier to get over cause she cheated and I don't deal with drama well.

Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    I guess you just have to let this go. There's nothing in what you said that would indicate that she's willing to fight for it. I guess you were hoping to give her life some directions, that is why you stuck it out with her. Sorry dude, it'll be more painful for you if you keep pushing for something that she doesn't want.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Should I text her back when she texts me to see how I'm doing, or just move on and let it go all together for a while?

Yeah, planning your life around your significant other/ always having them in your thoughts is a great trait to have. You should be proud of yourself for doing that, not every guy can do that. It just sucks when your partner can't do the same. I don't think she really knows how to handle this stuff she's going through, so she's running from her problems, and going back to her roots. The biggest mistake you could make right now is to text her back at every little thing she says to you, she kinda needs to be alone right now to figure this shit out. I really can't say she's going to come back.

If she really loved you the way you love her, she wouldn't be doing this, would she? You said you're a good looking guy, who owns his own business and has a lot of positive things going for you. My advice to you is, go find a woman who can appreciate all the stuff you do and loves you back just as much. You don't want to be in a relationship with a girl who will run at signs of trouble, what happens if you get married and things get rocky? Is she gonna split? Not worth it man. Find someone more mature and on your wavelength. Leave this girl in the dust.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepnchinup View Post
    Should I text her back when she texts me to see how I'm doing, or just move on and let it go all together for a while?
    Yes, but just be polite. I stressed that out, because I have a feeling you might overdo it.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

You hit the nail on the head, I'm stressing out way too much for someone who can't even be in the relationship as much as me. Thanks a lot man!