+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update on my life (sorry i've been gone a week)

Update on my life (sorry i've been gone a week)

So I posted a few questions about my relationship on here and of course, it was time to break up. I had a hard time pulling the trigger as my (now ex) boyfriend suddenly became busy with work and his family.

Then, I started school on Monday (finishing my cosmetology) and I was super stressed all weekend getting back into the swing of things. Well, Sunday he has this huge issue and said "we need to talk".

He came over and we talked and I cried a little but of course he is incapable of crying (common for douches) and we agreed to take some time off.

I don't know if it was the stress of school or the fact that I am about to start my period (sorry fellas) but I really went crazy this week. At school I am able to maintain my great attitude and confident demeanor, I've even made a few friends, but at home I was falling apart. Seeing things that belong to him around my room, missing the every day companionship. I tried everything to get him back (still not sure why, haha) and nothing worked. So now I feel as though I truly tried everything in the relationship and he is just not the right one for me.

Tonight I talked to him on the phone for an hour and he talked about how he wanted me in his life and he wanted to hear about how I am doing in school everyday and although I liked the comfort, I suddenly decided that he wasn't worth knowing what I have going on in my life. So I told him that I need a week of no contact (I plan to get my things out of his house after this no-contact week) so that I could move forward.

So although it took me almost 4 days, I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I think it was good for me to mourn my loss but I have so many things going on right now, I can't just be sad and sit around moping. I wish I could cut off all contact, but of course I can only do that after I get all my stuff back!!! (There is a computer involved so I refuse to cut my losses.)

In closing, I just wanted to thank everybody for their support and kind words. I promise to be more active on here even though I have school almost all day. I feel confident that things will get better and maybe I'll meet a guy who doesn't scream like a girl during sex!!!
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

hahaha i remember the screaming like a girl thing, that was amazing
    anyway.. if you're seeing a 'light at the end of the tunnel' what's the point in turning back? you've already started the healing process, no point moving backwards. concentrate on everything new... your school work, new friends and a new year. you know you can do so much with your life. once you get stuck in and realised how free you feel you'll realize what you may have already missed out on with that 'douchebag' hehe. good luck
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Kudos! Ya, sometimes.. life is about you and taking care of urself. You go girl!!!

Nothing wrong with taking control of your life and doing what works for you. He's probably licking his wounds and pining for your companionship, but it doesn't sound as though he would've been very supportive of your active lifestyle. He sounds far too needy, and you, quite frankly, don't have time for a needy little boy right now. You'll be much better off when you meet a self-sufficient man that can appreciate a woman with your kind of ambition and drive.

And don't worry about falling apart at home. It'll get better. It's easier to maintain when you're on your feet all day, moving. You don't have time to think. But home can be frustrating. Once you've washed the day away, you're left with you and your thoughts. But it'll pass and you'll find more positive ways to fill your downtime too.

Thanks guys, I already feel great. The positive thing about being in beauty school is I get to put extensions in my hair and have someone apply my makeup and it doesnt matter what kind of girl you are, that makes everything better!!!!
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3