+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I make a move (and how)?

Should I make a move (and how)?

There's this girl and IDK if she likes me (let's refer to her as "Katie")...

Factors (potentially) working in my favor:
    • She responds to my pokes on Facebook (IDK if this means much, but...)

Limiting factors:
    • I'm a computer geek.
    • I look terrible. I have a severe case of acne that stumped even the best dermatologist in town. I have acne scars covering my forehead and my dermatologist thinks that they might be permanent.
    • This girl is out of my league. Simple as that. Period.
    • Someone started a nasty rumor that I'm dating a mentally-challeged girl, so in the eyes of everyone else, I'm already in a relationship and even talking to this girl about anything deeper than the weather would make me a "player."
    • I rarely cross paths with her. There's a slim chance that we might be in the same class next semester, but that's not very likely.
    • I don't know her very well. I've only had one class with her (last year) and I've never really talked to her.
    • I am extremely shy. Approaching any girl is difficult for me. For pretty girls, triple the difficulty level.
    • I'm a general loser and that's pretty well-known. I don't have any friends (at least not at school). When others talk to me, it's always in the same tone that one would use to speak to a baby (sometimes even the teachers do this).

Other:
    • I go to a school of jocks. ~98% of all students at my school play at least one sport and are reasonably good at it. I suck at sports, period.
    • Very few reasonably pretty girls (I'm not saying I can't date any girl that's not a model, but I don't wanna date an ugly chick) are not already taken. Those who become single are in a relationship with another guy within days (so if I'm going to make a move, it needs to be quick).
    • Guys far outnumber girls at my school.

Should I make a move, keep waiting for another girl, or concede to the fact that I'll never have a girlfriend and give up.

Stop hatin' yourself man, it's doing you no good.

Learn to love yourself before you try loving someone else.