+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should I make the move?

should I make the move?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and have a problem. But here's the gist of my situation. I'm a student at Florida State University and there's this girl that I've always noticed and found to be very attractive. Long story short, one day, she ended up asking for my online screen name and while chatting online, she asked me for my number and began texting and calling me. We've been talking for about a month now and I feel that I'm starting to grow feelings towards her. The only issue is that she only calls or texts me when she is bored or has nothing to do-at least this is the signal that I'm picking up. When she is out with her friends having fun, she rarely texts and never calls me. But when she does text me, she would tell me that she's out with her friends and shes bored. Usually, when she texts or calls me, I'm practically stuck on the phone, awaiting the next text or making free time to talk to her on the phone but obviously she isn't doing the same. She also goes to clubs every now and then because she claims that she enjoys dancing, but can it be that she just wants to meet more guys?. Also, we've been talking to each other through text, and if not text, then phone almost every night for the past month, ever since I met her. I just need a better insight on whether or not she's interested or if she just wants to be friends. One thing that truly got me was when she told me that she was out with her friends and was telling me about how she had fun talking to other guys. Could this be a test? I'm really confused on whether I should be making a move or not. Not to mention that Valentines Day is coming up, which furthermore adds pressure to my situation. Is there a way that I can find out for sure without directly asking her if she is interested in me? I like to take things slow and don't want to put any pressure on the girl whatsoever. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

LOL.. this is so cute ladies, now isnt it?? I think that straight guys just put way to much thought into it, when trying to attract a woman.

I think you should just let her know that you are attracted to her, before its too late, and you see another guy where you wanna be, which is with her.

I would take it as a good sign that she asked you for your contact info and initiated contact. It's also great that she wants to talk to you every day, but be careful that you're not TOO available. Sure, we all want a guy who is around when we need him, but you need to be your own person and live your own life or she may take you for granted. Then from time to time you can invite her out to do things with you and she may reciprocate.

Many girls do love to dance. Some are in it for the attention from guys, but there are many who do it just to unwind on a girls' night out.

I also agree with the previous comment. You need to let her know that you're attracted to her, otherwise she'll put you in the friend zone. She needs to see you as a romantic prospect. She might talk to you about other guys because she views you as a friend, but she might mention them to make you a little jealous and to let you know that other guys are interested so as to motivate you to make a move. From the context it's hard to tell which it is.

I think you should let her know that you are atracted to her. Fact that she asked you for your contact info is a good sign.
    I broke the signature rule.