+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed about a girl

Depressed about a girl

Basically about 3 weeks ago a girl came into my life litterally. I was sitting down in class and she approached me. As each day passed we got close but we talked a little. I talked to her on instant messager from 7pm until 3 am in the morning. She told me she never stays up this late. My heart broke the moment some other girl in class invited her to sit next to her. So now the girl of my dreams basically ignores me, i wonder why did she lead me on to ignore me. I also learned recently that she broke up with her boyfriend after 5 years but this was before she talked to me 3 weeks ago. I stayed up late at night to help her study for a test instant messanger. I read on her blog that she likes smart guys, i can say i look smart but i study hard. We had bonding moments but she just stopped. My question is how could someone come into your life knowing that they lead you on then just completely ignore your existance. It hurts me a lot because i never did anything wrong nor said saything wrong towards her. Could it be that she broke up with her ex this summer and found someone like me who she could of develop feelings for too quickly, so therefore she ignored me because she wasn't ready for another relationship. She no longer sits next to me in class because i guess she ditched me for some other girl that she doesn't even like. My issue is that i have to deal with the fact that she is in the same class with me until this semester is over. As each day passes its not getting easier for me, i wake up thinking about her, i go to sleep thinking about her. I'm in a world of pain and i don't know why a person would do this to another.

Dude, you're only hurting yourself . . . she's probably just a normal girl and there isn't that many indications of her leading you on (maybe the text or the instant messaging convo) . . .but it's all platonic and friendly.

You've only known her 3 weeks . ..

Yeah, how did she lead you on? Having conversations with you doesn't necessarily mean anything more.

Did you just stop talking to her after she went and sat with someone else?

Sounds like you're having one hell of a pity party man. If you like her, have you told her this???? Probably not. If she did just break up with her bf of 5 years then its pretty safe to say that she (if she's smart) won't be jumping into any realtionships anytime soon. You shouldnt assume a girl likes you because she studies with you and speaks to you in class. Thats what classmates are for. Pull it together and either try getting to know her or "on to the next one".