+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do? Should I still fight for her or just move on.

What do I do? Should I still fight for her or just move on.

Hi,
    So last month my girlfriend and I got into a huge argument which led me to almost slapping her. I got angry at her because she raised the question "So, I'm guessing your money is a waste on me?". I really got mad at her for that because I have done so much for her. You cannot imagine the things I done and bought for her and she acted like I never did anything for her. She has never did anything for me. So I told her to apology because I was very hurt and she didn't want to. She cussed right at my face. I really cannot tolerate cussing at all; I rather get hit then to be cussed at. So I get really pissed off and I raised my arm to get ready to slap her, but I didn't. She gets out of the car and goes back to church. Before all this happen, for the pass couple of months she has been nagging and trying to change me. Trying to change how I eat, how to drive (she doesn't even have a license), and all these other stuff. I been keeping my anger inside the whole time because I love her so much, but I exploded that day. So she breaks up with me and I try to get her back. I swore to her I'll never raise my arm every again because honestly I never learned that slapping was a bad thing. In my culture (korean), I was always slapped by my parents for doing something wrong and in dramas there always slapping each other if it is nothing. Now I learned that slapping someone, especially a woman is the worst thing a man can do. Hmm, its been a month since that accident and in between she has changed. She has been degrading me the whole time. She asked how a stupid like me got into college (it pissed me off), she acted like she was a goddess and she can ruin my reputation (honestly, she is a loner at school, but this also pissed me off cause she thought she can do it), she even degraded my father because I learned it from him (pissed me more off cause her father is worse), she acts like its all my fault and degrades me more. I love her so much that I took it and kept apologizing , but at the same time she isn't the person I used to know. Now, I know that it is truly my fault that this has happened. The second I raised my finger it changed her. Everything she did to me for the past month is something that I deserve. I still very much love her... Just a day before it happened she was madly in love with me and I was madly in love with her. Do I move on? Do I wait for her? Do I stopped focusing on love and focus on my school? Do I keep on asking forgiveness and ask her to come back for me? I do not want to start a relationship with another woman because I went so far with this one. I promised myself that someday I will marry this person... Man, I wish I can just go back in time and change everything...

You need to move on, if she is trying to change you and can't except you for you then you don't need her. There is give and take in all relationships, but it can go over board sometimes when the other half wants to make you be the one that has to change and they aren't willing to see that it might be them that needs to change.
    Last edited by SoCalGirl86; 19-10-10 at 06:23 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Yeah move on, she sounds like a lot of "work". True, you messed up, but it wasn't that serious, especially seeing how much you do for her. You better grow some balls and stop letting her dog you out like this. Get back to your grades and find another chick with some ambition.

"which led me to almost slapping her." . . . NEVER, I know you didn't but don't even say that

-

"or the pass couple of months she has been nagging and trying to change me."
    "She has been degrading me the whole time. She asked how a stupid like me got into college"

--> Basically I'd say you two should move on, never get physically abusive and now that you nearly did she's getting emotionally abusive . . .it's just a bad situation that you need to get out of . . .also if she loved you she wouldn't want to change you as such
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions