+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Story involving a girl... Some advice please

You should be improving yourself for YOU. Not for the hopes of this girl getting back to you. Honestly man, move on............

I know what you mean, but the end result is the same. I started working out again after a breakup years ago, using her as motivation, and now I am in great shape and happy and probably wouldn't have gone back to working out if I didn't use her as motivation at first.

Ok, it's been about 4 months and here's my update. It ends badly, so I need some advice.

Since I last posted here, I've improved myself a lot, have more money now, back in school, part-time job, almost have my driver's license and can almost afford a car (i know i should have gotten this out of the way when i was younger), new phone, new attitude, i feel like a different person, which is good with or without her.

So what I wanted to do was instead of wait until next year, which i feel would have been too late, i decided to get back in touch with her a couple of nights ago. I texted her and asked if she wanted to get together for a coffee and catch up, i also bought her a little gift and was going to apologize for cutting off contact the way i did, and that maybe she would have cut it off herself, but at least it would have been her choice. She wrote back and avoided the question and just asked me how things were, so I knew right away i wasn't going to get to see her in person.

I asked her what was up, why she didnt want to go, and after texting back and forth i just said forget it and asked if it was ok if i call. Then she said she had no interest in talking to me or being my friend and not to call. So i was in shock because when things ended 4 months ago, it was friendly. Back then, I said I needed a bit of time to get over her and that I'd try to contact her when I felt ready to be around her as a friend, she joked that maybe she'd see me in class, and we said goodbye. That was 4 months ago.

Now I don't know what happened, but I kept asking her what was wrong, and if I could call her because I felt there was something she wasnt telling me (like maybe i hurt her a lot by cutting off contact, or something like that), but she said there's nothing else to say to me and she'd contact the authorities if I continued texting her.

Now I'm not looking for any advice like 'move on' or 'stop talking to her', obviously now I have no choice but to stop, but I'm wondering if anyone had an idea about why she acted like that. She's one of those girls who when she has a bf or is interested in someone, every other guy can go to hell. So I thought it was that at first, but I know she'd have indirectly brought him up in the texts if she did have a guy. I just want to know what the hell changed so drastically. Most people would see an old friend for coffee unless they had a specific problem with them, and since we didn't end things badly (we weren't even a couple), I want to know if any of you could tell me what the problem could have been and why she is now acting hostile?

So does anyone have an idea of why she's acting this way?

", i also bought her a little gift and was going to apologize for cutting off contact the way i did, "
    "like maybe i hurt her a lot by cutting off contact, or something like that"

--> "obviously now I have no choice but to stop, but I'm wondering if anyone had an idea about why she acted like that."

I think you know why. . . in the way you cut contacts, it hurt her and she have move on.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12