+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long story.. advice would be so great

Long story.. advice would be so great

Like the title says my story is kind of long but i hope it helps to get it out there and if i get some useful advice then.. awesome. Anyways, here we go.

I was dating a girl a girl a grade below me for a year and a half. In that time we talked every day, spent tons of time together, got to know each others families extremely well and did a lot of growing up together, A much more mature relationship than our ages indicate. Things were honestly perfect. Even people we barely knew saw and just knew we were going to be our high school's "high school sweethearts" for a long time. We spent 99% of my last summer in my home state together before i went to college in ND. it's 4 hours away. we talked a lot about it and both concluded there's no way we could throw away what we had.

So things are good, right? Nah. She got a job and started meeting new ppl, and thus a new guy. I'm her first boyfriend so when she started wanting to spend time with other guys to "make sure she loved me for sure" i knew bad things were to come. when she brought it up i was a bad boyfriend and didn't listen, just assumed she was into this guy from work. we vroke up. We got back together the next day because i backed up and listened to what she had to say. she just said that someday she'd need a break to make sure her feelings for me were true.

Fair enough. So we decided that when she went to college, we'd take a break to make sure that we weren't missing out on other opportunities. In my head, we were back to the happy couple. Things were amazing after that. i got to go back to my high school with her for homecoming and it was the best time ever. i was more in love with her than ever. i went back to ND the next day and a few days letter received a letter that was the sweetest thing i'd ever read. the next day she said that college changed me and she loved me at home but not when i was away.

I hate college so i turned kind of negative and maybe seeking affection through pity. I asked for a couple days and the weekend to prove that i was the same kid. she agreed and then broke up with me the next day.

I gave up a lot of social life for her because she didn't have one. Now she has one and suddenly i'm disposable. she didn't even make time to explain why she broke up with me. she said she still loved me.. she said she made a mistake and that i'm the same person but she can't get back together with me and that she needs time.

suddenly she's been hanging out with another kid lately and giving her number to a random kid at the mall and wearing a hot costume to a halloween party. it seems like my complete misery means nothing but she tells me there's hope.

I don't know what to do.. do i wait or does it seem like i should move on? i know i'm young and maybe shouldn't be this affected but the pain is real. i don't need to hear my mom tell me that "there's other fish in the sea" so while i know that i'm a good guy and try my best to make girls happy and i should find someone willing to appreciate that more than her, i can't just give her up..

That was really long.. i'm sorry. but if you read it.. thank you

I know what you mean when you say now that she has some what of a social life, it feels like you're disposable. When you're far away from one another, things get tough.

I am in the same boat as you when it comes to things like that. If I told you to just stop thinking about her, I'd be a hypocrite, but at the same time, maybe it'd be better if you started talking to other girls. I know that college offers a lot of opportunities for things of that nature so maybe you should just try and see what happens. Maybe if you start talking to another girl, she'll realize that you're slipping away and that she really does want you.

The game is mysterious man... I suck at advice but I wish you the best of luck.