Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
In all seriousness Pencil, you might want to apply reasonable standards to your search.

First, take a hard look in the mirror and assess your own looks. Are your features symmetrical? It's relevant, because symmetrical faces are generally perceived as more attractive than assymetrical faces. How about your Body Mass Index? Are you in the healthy range? Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so you can still be healthy if you exceed your BMI, if you are on the muscular side. If you're not sure, post a picture of yourself at Hotornot.com to gather some empirical data about how attractive you are. Without the empirical data, you are likely to rate yourself a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10, because that's what most people rate themselves.

With a reasonable assessment of your own appearance in mind, try to focus on women of a comparable level of appearance. It's okay to seek certain qualities like intelligence or an upbeat personality, but be flexible. Otherwise you may end up with the terrestrial equivalent of the Drake Equation, giving you dismal odds of ever meeting a suitable woman. Friends of mine recently walked a young, female acquaintance through her own version of the Drake Equation, and determined that there might be two men on the entire planet that she would deign to date. Since she was somewhat overweight, the odds that those two men would be interested in her was less favorable.

social programming... or do you call it otherwise there?

first of all... women don't have, like men do, a "caveman syndrome". men choose women through taste and sight and women choose men through smell and touch. and the way you look like depends on how the women in a region value themselves. for example i was once in a club in london. god... they have only ugly women there. so, i went in, i've seen those women, i didn't want to be alone that night and i wanted to have at least some conversation. but what woman should i have chosen? i didn't like any of them. finally after 30 min i see a girl, average by my standards (in Romania i would never speak to a girl looking like her, or maybe i would if she was one of my best friends, nothing more). So, i went to her and presented myself, told her who i was, etc etc. And i got a rejection of a kind that in Romania you take only from the most gorgeous girls. i was stunned, i said "what the god damn f@@@ whas that?"

lesson to be learned: that girl was not so good-looking, but she looked better then most of the girls there. that means that if there is competition the most ugly woman in the world would reject you, if the most beautiful woman in the world won't have pretenders, she sees you handsome.

Do not advise him to focus on women with the same level of appearance. why? i you must always go to women you like. it is easier to show her without using words that you like her. and beautiful women know if they want something or not, they have more emotional intelligence too. trust me, from my experience i learned that the most problems you have with average women. they are full of frustration and other problems.