+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do I only attract married men?

Why do I only attract married men?

Seriously, I have not had a boyfriend in almost 4 years but the married men love me. It's awfully discouraging, I really don't know what the deal is. Any "liberal" married men out there want to fill me in?
    Last edited by musiclover; 12-05-05 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well maybe it's the place that you either go or the people that you hang out with. if you're attracting a lot of married men, then i'm sure you should have no problem attracting the single men.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Hey what suburb in chicago do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    well maybe it's the place that you either go or the people that you hang out with. if you're attracting a lot of married men, then i'm sure you should have no problem attracting the single men.

raverboy
    ^ yea that.....
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I live in the northwest suburbs... Schaumburg area... I cannot remember the last time I attracted a single guy. The closest I have come is a married guy who recently filed for divorce which doesn't count. I am not an unattractive woman.. I think I am just getting too old.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well if you're getting older, then maybe you should turn to an older man. the divorce rates are roughly 50% so that means that half of the population are single. as far as if they have children or not, usually they do and that is something that comes along with the territory.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by musiclover
    I live in the northwest suburbs... Schaumburg area... I cannot remember the last time I attracted a single guy. The closest I have come is a married guy who recently filed for divorce which doesn't count. I am not an unattractive woman.. I think I am just getting too old.

Maybe your just going to the wrong places or something?(just throwing out ideas.)
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

The last place you should go to look for a man is a bar... God I hate when people do that! Ya lets look for someone whos getting sh!t faced! Great guy!
    Go to places like a museum, places where youll find a classy man.
    ~Sarah~

I am not an unattractive woman.. I think I am just getting too old.
    Don't think like that. You're only as old as you think you are and you think you're old, then.. well, don't think you're old.

Live like you're young.

So try taking dancing classes. You meet awesome people in dancing classes.

I'll recommend salsa dancing classes.
    "Ogres are like onions."

These are mainly men at work or people I meet through mutual friends/acquaintances. My luck seems to be changing though, the latest is someone who recently filed for divorce. Movin' on up! I think I will try the dancing classes though. Thanks!

I have to tell you, I was in the same situation for a few good years.
    I ended up having a relationship with them until I realized I wasn't benefiting from these relationships, and actually, it was a one-way thing. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy meeting them, but it wasn't contributing anything to my life. So, I ended everything. Today I date single men (not too great in that area either).
    You simply have to decide that if the guy's a married man, you politely say no thanks (although feeling wanted is nice) and walk the hell away. Trust me- you are simply wasting your time. (And I don't think you can afford that to yourself).
    The thing is this - don't forget that all married men are looking for is someone who will make them spice up their boring life. That is all they see in you. They don't have any feelings for you (even though you enjoy one another when you're together), and believe me - once he hears you want more than sex - he'll dump you so fast you won't have a chance to blink. Listen to me - get on with your life, forget married men (cause they sure won't remember you!).
    If you're into books on the subject, I can recommend one that helped me:
    [url]http://www.fetchbook.info/fwd_description/search_1400049687.html[/url]
    Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by ofekslayer; 19-05-05 at 05:01 PM.

To: Ofekslayer---It's so good to hear that I am not alone in this. Believe me, I do NOT encourage it and I have NEVER gotten involved with a married man. Just looking for some insight into why this pattern keeps repeating. I suspect my friends have their theories but none of them have anything to say when I ask for their advice. That's why I came here. I will check out the book you mentioned. Thank you for your input!

To: Ofekslayer---It's so good to hear that I am not alone in this. Believe me, I do NOT encourage it and I have NEVER gotten involved with a married man. Just looking for some insight into why this pattern keeps repeating. I suspect my friends have their theories but none of them have anything to say when I ask for their advice. That's why I came here. I will check out the book you mentioned. Thank you for your input!
    Hey - anytime!!!! I am here because I really think I have something to share and some experience that other people can learn from. It's never too late to stop making mistakes of your own, and start learning from the mistakes of others. I didn't have anyone to tell me what I told you, so please feel free to ask me anything.
    Take care...