+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice on end of 11 year realationship

advice on end of 11 year realationship

Hi,

I m after a guys opnion on my now ex's behaviour and reasons......and maybe some advice on the best way to move forward.

I do not want to bore you with the whole long story so just a brief run down, pls ask if there is any important ifno i have left out.

We started sleeping together 11 years ago, as we were best friends, we both fought our feelings for each other and it took 3 years and some BIG mistakes to decide to make it oficial.

We broke up a couple of times for no longer than a few weeks maybe a couple of months. But the moment i stopped showing any interest in him in chased me, and we got back together!!
    we have now been living together for 2 and a half years, and were planing baby in the next few months.

He broke up with me 4 weeks ago now, his reasons being.

1, he felt like we were friends but not gf/bf
    2, he can not be himself while with me
    3, he needs to work on himself, so he will never hurt me again in the future

he said and was very clear about the fact that he loves me. We went and seen a counsellor together who thought we had a fantastic realationship, and should try to work things out.

Yesterday he told me he is no longer in love with me. He also said he has hope we can work out in the future but right now he just has to worry about and deal with himself.

He came around to our house on the weekend to pick up a book he said he needed....but as a fact not without doubt I know he had no use for the book he picked up it was quite litterally useless to him.

So I know that he needs space, and personally i need it as well, and i am doing that as much as i can.

I just feel like he still loves me and will come back. in time after he deals with his own issues and i m more independant from him.

am i wrong to hope?

he has been emailing me with little short msgs attached.

and when i sms to tell him a fact he needs to know, he responds with lots of questions

always remember he is a man lol he loves you give him time
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Sounds like he is no longer in love with you but finds it hard to tell it to your face. There is no law that says a relationship will last forever. Good luck