+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been a year now and need some advice

It's been a year now and need some advice

Whatsup mutha truckas, I haven't been on here since who knows when but it's almost been a year since I have had a girlfriend which the last g/f was a 4 year relationship.

Well for the past year I have only been hooking up with some girls here and there but not anything I could see going any further. I was at this party the other night talking to people when I had heard this girl ask me what my name was and by this time I had at least 7 beers. Turns out this girl was a friend of my friend and we had talked like twice over the phone about 1 year ago but I had never met her. 2 hours later the party had gotten busted and people got tickets while I hid in the attic and got away with it. Next morning she called me at 9 but I didnt answer cuz i was sleeping and called her back at noon only to get her voicemail. She ended up calling back later after she had gotten off of work and said she wanted to chill sometime. I had saw our photos from the night before on Facebook and damn this girl is beautiful and someone, for the first time since last July, that I could see myself with.

This is where I need the advice. Since I've been out of the loop for so ****in long, I don't know what to talk about over the phone because I wanna call her and ask her out to go mini golf or a movie or some shit tommorrow but want to actually talk to her too for a little bit before I ask her. If you were in my situation what would you talk about? Shit I feel weird lol.

Call her NOW. Talk about who got tickets at the party. Talk about the weather. Who cares- you're a chatty guy. You should just call her and let it happen.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    i always get nervous before a phone call, but my heart stills after the conversation starts. don't 'plan' anything to talk about. just talk. it comes naturally.

you'll want to be getting to know her, so ask her questions about herself.

Well I called her and she didn't answer. I left a message, hopefully she calls back lol. I kinda f-ed up the message but got the point across to call back lol.

anachronistic Guest
    if she doesn't call back, call tomorrow. if she doesn't pick up tomorrow, forget about her.

Sounds good. I have all night to talk since Im on call at the Fire Department so hopefully she does.

Here's an update on the situation.

She never called back that night so I was going to call back later in the afternoon the next day but with me having Mozilla, the Facebook notifications thing popped up and her status said Up north for the weekend so I gave her a text later that night just making small talk and then ended up saying "would you like to go to a movie on monday?" and then I fell asleep and woke up to a text at 5:30 in the morning asking what movie I wanted to see.

I said either Knocked up or 1408 looked pretty good and she said "well Ive already seen knocked up is there ne thing else? So I listed a few movies we could see and didn't get a text back and then an hour later, after hearing good reviews, texted her saying "evan almighty is playing at 7:30 at the ultrascreen, I heard it was good" and she hasn't texted back yet so we'll see.

How have I been about the situation so far? I don't want to come off as being desperate to get a girl but damn she is beautiful.