+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do shy guys even work?!

How do shy guys even work?!

I like this shy guy who usually sits next to me in a class. He barely makes eye contact with me, not sure if he does that to all girls, but he only looks me in the eye occasionally when I speak to him. He comes off as the quiet, cool type, so I don't know if he likes me because there are no verbal signs.

When I talk to him in class, sometimes he just looks down to his notes and doodles with concentration. I try to actively engage him in conversation during those times, but he continues to doodle. I sometimes catch him looking at me in class when I'm not paying any attention to him. What's up?

Every shy guy is a little different, and it's hard to tell based on your interaction so far. It's entirely possible he's interested but not comfortable expressing it yet. Try inviting him out after class for a coffee or grabbing a bite to eat and see how he reacts.

I'm very shy. To be honest if he is anything like me you need to make a more direct approach. In fact just come out and tell him how you feel, if he does like you then he is probably hoping you make the first move. As the above poster said just invite him out and take it from there. At least you will know where you stand.

Easy. You go confront him and tell him how you feel. Betcha he'll open up 200% right there.
    Papercut

I was a lot like this in high school around girls I liked and approaching him might make his day or he might not know what to do with himself lol, but I doubt he will make a move so its really up to you to find out whats up with him.

It's not the 1950's. It's totally acceptable to ask a guy out and take the lead.

He shot down my offer to hangout before because he was too tired, so I decided to use this fireworks show coming up as a determining source of whether or not he likes me. Gah, it's finally time to end the charade.

I'm going to pass a cute note in class that reads, "Come watch the sky light up with me. Fireworks: Tomorrow at 6pm?" If he says yes, great, I'll tell him that I like him at the show. If he doesn't, should I still tell him and write something back like, "Are you blind? I like you, silly! What's a girl to do? : )"

I know you guys prefer a more direct approach and this is as direct as it gets for me to handle : P

CUTE? DESPERATE? GOOD IDEA?

Did it occur to you that he sits next to you because he likes you and he looks down when you talk to him because he gets so embarrassed due to his shyness that he can't even make eye contact?

He's already said no to hanging out one time. If you pass the note and he says no, I'd leave it at that. It may not even be a matter of not liking you. He may be so shy that he's afraid to talk/go out with you for fear of making a fool of himself. Kind of a catch 22, since he'll never get good at dating if he doesn't start somewhere. But if you press too hard I think you'll scare him away.

Guys are not that complicated to understand just make a move and you will come to know what goes on his mind

Looking at you when you are not looking is a big hint that he likes you. I agree with the rest of the chorus about talking to him, asking him out, and seeing if he is really interested. Shy guys really do appreciate the direct approach.
    One caveat though, don't like him just because he "seems like the quiet, cool type." He may not be anything like what you expect him to be, so be sure to go into things with an open mind.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

sounds to me that if you want to have a relationship with him, you just have to have some courage and be forward with him. he will accept you but will always have the power to leave you so if you want to take him on then be ready for heartbreak also.