+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you guys able to just be friends with a girl?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This drastically depends on ones definition of a "friend." I have male friends who probably wouldn't mind getting with me, if they were single, I was single and both horny. Same with me, I have guy friends who are very attractive they're also married, I'm about to be and we're all just a merry bunch of friends. I've hung out with them a few times one on one alone, but it's quite rare. I think so what if one party thinks the other is good looking I think most of my friends are both male and female- so? Does that have an impact on friendship? Not really... My partner trusts me, trusts them so what's the big deal?

Basically my definition of a friend is simply: you get along, laugh, trust each other and have fun together. That is all. So yes, males and females can be that. Even IF they wanted me, they know it ain't gonna happen they still enjoy laughing, talking, and having fun which is my definition.

Now if you asked me can an attractive man and an attractive woman who are single be just friends and by friends I mean hanging out one on one regularly, doing couple-ish things together, and chatting on the phone for hours at a time... be just friends I would change my answer and it would simply and obviously no.

"Are you guys able to just be friends with a girl?"

Yes, we are.

On the other hand, I can't speak for other guys but... since I'm single, I want to have sex with just about anyone I find attractive. It doesn't mean that my friendship with a girl has anything to do with me trying to get into her pants, though.

So, after all the reactions (thanks for that!) I can pretty much say: No, it's not possible if you're both single. And if the other one isn't single than the teasing might be getting me in trouble in the long run. Too cut it short: I'm wrong, my friends are right. Well that clears that up. Still wouldn't change anything. If it's not bothering anyone one, then why should I/we change a thing. Okay it upsets some women (not the gf's of the guys btw) around me, but hey if they hate me for being myself then who's problem is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy01 View Post
    So, after all the reactions (thanks for that!) I can pretty much say: No, it's not possible if you're both single. And if the other one isn't single than the teasing might be getting me in trouble in the long run. Too cut it short: I'm wrong, my friends are right. Well that clears that up. Still wouldn't change anything. If it's not bothering anyone one, then why should I/we change a thing. Okay it upsets some women (not the gf's of the guys btw) around me, but hey if they hate me for being myself then who's problem is it?
    I can't agree... I have one female friend that is single right now, and I don't have any interest in being more than friends.

Men, I reckon, are more likely to be 'just' friends with females they have known for a long period of time. Females from school, old family friends, old work colleagues or the little old tea lady at his workplace.

I also think that if a man likes a woman (she is physically appealing), he comes under the guise of friends and because he'd like to shag her.

For what other reasons would a man want a friendship with a woman?

Men are driven by sex and hormones.

And if you wouldn't want to shag your good looking female friend....ur gay, end of! lol

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I can't agree... I have one female friend that is single right now, and I don't have any interest in being more than friends.
    Obviously she's a woof woof

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Obviously she's a woof woof
    Not really, she isn't a supermodel, but she isn't ugly either.. just average. It may be the "knowing her for a long time" in this case, though. I just can't think of any other single female friends.. they are all taken as far as I know :-/

Not really, she isn't a supermodel, but she isn't ugly either.. just average. It may be the "knowing her for a long time" in this case, though. I just can't think of any other single female friends.. they are all taken as far as I know :-/
    lol....yessss, I was waiting of you biting

Probably because you have known her a long time. I'm the same with guys I've known a long time....they are more like family. I could never in a million years date them or think of them sexually, lol

Probably because you have known her a long time. I'm the same with guys I've known a long time....they are more like family. I could never in a million years date them or think of them sexually, lol
    Well, a few months back I had a bit of a crush on a girl I've known since I was 3... So I'm not really sure that applies to me... and right now I fear I may be in the process of developing another small crush on another girl I've known for 10 years...

Well, a few months back I had a bit of a crush on a girl I've known since I was 3... So I'm not really sure that applies to me... and right now I fear I may be in the process of developing another small crush on another girl I've known for 10 years...
    Had you had any contact with her over the years? The girl you had known since you were 3? If a lot of years had elapsed since you last saw her, then I could understand it. But then uhm, maybe not. I havnt seen some males from my youth for years and I dare say if I bumped into them now, my feelings wouldn't change. I'd still and always remember them as the spotty kid from school or whatever, lol

I couldn't do it, I'd feel like I was with my brother and if I had to date a guy from my infant years and especially if it was a guy who had been around in my life from being small, to late teenage years perhaps.

I can remember crushing on a guy when I was 13 who I'd grown up with. But that was when I was a kid. I wouldn't date him now, nor any other guy from my past...I just don't see any of them in 'that' way.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 10-01-11 at 03:23 AM.

Had you had any contact with her over the years?
    Well, I haven't had any contact with them in 3-4 years before the "crush" thing.. is that enough time? lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123