+ Follow This Topic

Thread: please please read i really need advice

please please read i really need advice

4 years ago i met a guy, we were Interested in eachother but i fell in love with someone else. When i broke up he had a relationship too. Anyhow we became best friends but then after 4 years friendship we became friends with benefits. He and his girl had an on off relationship, he went back to her everytime because they have a baby together, he has a bit of a criminal past so if she wants she could keep the baby for herself and play t in a way that he cant see his kid anymore. Its a long story, but thats the main reason he kept going back to her. but it didnt bothered me since i had no feelings for him. But then it seemed we both got feelings for eachother, we did sweet things for eachother,he got jealous, wanted to check my phone, had typical couple arguments, we started to cuttle in bed instead of just sex etc. Anyway i got scared and told him to try to work things out with his ex cuz i thought he still loved her even though he said he didnt. Three months later they are still together and i feel like i made the biggest mistake ever. Things also got a little acword between us so if i talk to him about it i might ruin the last bit of our once so close friendship. What should i do? How can i find out how he feels about me?

You're in a tricky situation, you're in love with a man with a kid and a known criminal past. Do you really want that for you?
    I mean, c'mon! Why you want to be dragged to a future difficult relationship? You still have the chance to avoid it.
    How he feels doesn't matter really, unless you want to insist on it, then just ask! Can't be to difficult since you've already slept with him.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

You didn't make any mistake. YOU just saved yourself years of BS with this guy. You can't possibly expect this guy to have a normal relationship with you just because you love him. Relationships are more than about love. You also need respect, loyalty,fidelity, honesty, communication, support, compatibility, and able to make sacrifices. It's a tall order but it is reality for any relationship to last a life time. I hope you have learned that you are best to stay away from this type of guy and find someone that can be more emotionally committed to you.

Crikey, I'd leave him with his ex.

If she could take away his access to his child and because of his criminal past, then it must be an extremely 'bad' criminal past. His sort is best avoided.