+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is he thinking??

What is he thinking??

I posted on here a while back about a guy who i was really close friends with who had become distant with me since some work colleagues started saying that i fancied him. (I think some of them also teased him about fancying me, although Im not sure)

Anyway the situation hasnt really improved.His behaviour is so up and down im not sure what to think about it. Sometimes when I see him he will smile at me and ask how I am, other times he wont even look in my direction. He will only talk to me when I talk to him, its very rare that he will come and sit with me and start a convo like he used to.When we do chat its hard work he seems a bit awkward and wont meet my eye. Sometimes he will just start giggling for no reason??? I get the feeling he is avoiding me and its making me miserable as we were such good friends.

So guys why is he acting like this?? You think there is any hope for this friendship??

Are you sure you want a friendship to develop and not a romantic relationship?
    My first reaction is to assume you want more than friendship because people aren't very likely to make this kind of thread about losing a potential friend.
    The fact that you are curious about his giggling points in that direction too. There is a good chance he has picked up on the fact that you fancy him indeed and now keeps a distance because he's insecure or doesn't feel the same way

The only way to really find out is to ask him next time you see him

well i'll be honest, we were both going through rough patches with our partners and there was some chemistry between us.. i think we both picked up on that. However i have made him clear to him that i love my bf.

I know he loves his gf too so i thought we could just move on and go back to being friends again? Was i wrong to assume that?

For me it is very very hard to be friends with someone I have feelings for. I have come to realize that through experience.
    Being friends is not a plan B when there is no space for a romantic relationship.
    Because if there have been feelings, they will come back. Maybe it's different for him though, time will tell.
    Try to talk to him and see how it goes

see i have had a few minor crushes on male friends but ive never seen a problem with it. i know that they are just crushes and that my bf is the man i love and want to be with. I normally just carry on being friends with them as normal and eventually the crush feelings fizzle out and we end up just being good friends.
    Maybe its different for guys i dont know?? i may speak to him, i dont want to make an issue out of it.

Sounds like he aint interested. What you are witnessing is his discomfort at knowing you like him.

I suspect he loves his gf, which is why he hasn't tried to take it further with you.

He could also RESPECT the fact that you are also in a relationship.

well if he isnt interested then i dont see what hes problem is as I have made it clear to him that nothing is going to happen between us.

To be honest he has always been the one to flirt with me (constant txting, touching, playing with my hair etc) and ive always ignored it cos i although i admit i was slightly physically attracted to him im not after an affair, we are both spoken for and both happy in our relationships. Ok so it might have got a bit uncomfortable at the xmas do but ive since made it clear that it was just alcohol flowing and made it clear to him how committed i am to my bf.

I thought he would be happy with that and want to continue just being friends with me.
    Anyway, the ball is in his court.. if he doesnt want to be friends no more then its his loss i guess