+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice to strengthen distance relationship

Need advice to strengthen distance relationship

Hi my name is Kevz and I am new to forums. A few months ago I met the girl of my dreams, sadly a few months after we met she left my country. I am going to see her again in a few months and we have been distance dating for a few weeks. My question to the ladies on the forum is how can I be a better boyfriend and get to know my girl friend more. She recently got Skype and our first two conversations were about our days; the usual phone call conversation. I dated a few times back in high school, but none of those relationships got far. My feelings for this girl are so much stronger than anything I felt before. My specific questions are the following:

1) What can I do to get to know her better? I suggested asking questions to get to know each other, but without some sort of direction with the questions there has not been much luck with this. We do have a lot in common in terms that we are both workaholics, love the same music, and television shows.

2)What else can we do together as a couple despite the distance. I thought it would be cool to take pictures on camera and show her important moments in my life, such as Christmas in which she stated she wish she could be there for. We are also helping each other learn each others primary languages, she speaks good English but can use some help with the specifics and I just started to learn hers a few weeks ago and have quite a long way to go.

I am already trying to work something out with Skype for my upcoming birthday. I need some real, outside of the box ideas here so that we can grow closer together as couples and have more recent good memories together.

3) How can I let her know how I feel about her? I hate to see her sad and every time I bring up memories about the time we spent with one another she gets so sad and starts to cry and I hate seeing her so upset and not being able to be there for her. I have almost completely moved away about talking about the past which has been improving our chats together, but I need a way to move towards the future. She means so much to me but I want our relationship to be focused on the positives such as what we have in common or the things we will do together in the future; not to point out the painful fact that we are separated by thousands of miles.

4) Not once she has talked about her feelings for me since she left my country, this could be a cultural thing, but it does bother me. Should I be worried?

5) She has not gone public about our relationship (not told her parents or friends, not public on fb). She has only told her younger sister, who I was recently introduced to. Since we just started dating and there are prob dating culture problems that could be what would make that a bad idea. My family loves her, but I have a bad feeling that things with her family are going to be a lot more complicated. Should I not worry too much since we are in a new, complicated relationship, or should this raise concern.

Any and all general and distance relationship advice will be helpful. I also have a thread under love advice called "separated by half a world" that goes into more detail about our relationship. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kevz; 24-01-11 at 12:35 PM.

Dude go out for your birthday your gonna toture yourself sitting on the computer and not having a life