+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Relationship Advice

Long Distance Relationship Advice

Now I know must people don't think they work out and most of the time they don't but they can. So just try the best to help me find away to make it work if possible. Me and this girl known each other a few months now.

Let me pretty much lay it out here how we know each other.

Well we both do what is called Myspace RP idk if you know what that is but its where people well use famous people's pic's but don't claim to be them really kinda like they are there own person. Act stuff out it can be really creative but besides the point anyway I had a friend on there who used the name Candy who dated this girl who used the name Serenity. They always had problems now Candy was my friend so I always tried to help her and me and Serenity started talking alot as I would try to help with the problems. Then the thing is I started to get to know the Serenity girl on a personal level. I learned her real name and some other things and started to fall for her. Well little did I know she liked me also. But I found out one when I was just point blank about it and she said she did. Now a part I left out Candy had fallen for the girl in real life and is a real life friend of mine so I asked her about it first before I asked out the girl. She said go ahead she wants me happy. So I ask her and she says yes.

Now all that was pointless to this but just wanted the back story to my question for my advice

We been dating Since Sat May 15th which well is last Sat.

So far all we do is text and she keeps saying we're going to talk on the phone we're going to talk on the phone and see I'm ready to talk on the phone she isn't yet. Is that something I should worry about.

Anyway more to this

I live in GA and she lives in MT

Which I checked is like a day and like 7..8 ..9 hours or so by car.

Now I can't drive and not sure if she can or not(I'm gonna see). I need advice on how to make it work from that far and all that.

Last question.

Do you think its even possible to like or love someone you never met?

so my three questions

1.Should I be worried she doesn't wanna talk on the phone yet?(I mean been like 3 or 4 days)
    2.Advice to make it work?
    3.Is it possible to like or love someone you never met?

No I wouldn't be worried that she may not want to talk on the phone yet. She will only go at the rate, that she is comfortable with and is more likely to be at the stage where she is 'feeling' you out and trying to get some clue, as to what you are all about and before she progresses further. Not everyone wants to rush things, or is comfortable rushing things....

Course it is possible to like someone that you got to know online, as we can also dislike people we meet online. It works the same, as in real life...
    As for feelings....after 3 or 4 days, I'd say a resounding NO. And people who claim to deveop these 'feelings' and after such a short time of knowing someone, are the type of people who are 'in love with the idea of love' ....

Saying that, I do think it is possible to develop feelings and for someone you have been communicating with and for a long period of time.

But until you actually meet in the 'real' world, you don't know if these feelings are true or not.

People tend to place the online object of their affection on a pedestal......and the reality can be very different.
    Which is why many have ended up disappointed and when they met for real.

But they aren't all 'failure' stories of course.

1. Yeah, that's odd. Maybe she is worried about a certain someone overhearing her call at that end?

2. I don't believe in internet relationships, so I think the only way this has a chance is if one of you moves a lot closer to the other one. Quick gut check... which one of you would be moving?

3. It's definitely possible to like someone you never met? Love? I couldn't do it, because I'm still a bit shallow and cautious. I would need to see that the other person isn't grotesquely deformed or morbidly obese, and I would need to see her facial expressions while we're talking to really feel a stronger connection.

If things don't work out, next time, you should limit your romantic interests to a more reasonable range, like say an hour or two away.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Well me and her been taking online and texting since about Dec so like we've had the time to grow some type of feelings.

and if one of us had to move I'd be up for it cause really I don't like it that much in GA so a move be good for me so I'd be willing to be move once I get more money and we get a little closer.

and I don't think its anything to do with someone else hearing her. Only person who would hear her be her mom right now and I'm sure her mom knows she dates.

But thanks for the help both of you and others can be willing to help me also. But with the phone thing I'll give her a little more time to adjust to everything.

Her friend who was talking to me last night about it said it took her time to talk to her on the phone so I just take it slow and she will soon.

You said:

1.Should I be worried she doesn't wanna talk on the phone yet?(I mean been like 3 or 4 days)

I took that to mean you had only known her 3 or 4 days....

How old are you two?

I not known her that many days.
    We been going out that many days.
    I known her a few months since Dec

and we are 18

edit

nvm we broke up
    Last edited by McLovin; 19-05-10 at 09:58 AM.