+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still hung up..but trying hard not to care! advice guys!!

Still hung up..but trying hard not to care! advice guys!!

I have posted on here awhile back about having a broken heart about my bf of 2 1/2 years dumping me about 7 months ago. I have not been able to get over him or stop thinking about him, although I think I've done a pretty good job acting like I don't care (i don't contact him at all) Well, although I was secretly hoping we'd get back together someday, I pretty much know we won't. He has a new serious girlfriend (only 5 months later) which I have a pretty good hunch she may have played a part in the break up. I've noticed he never lets more than a month go by without text messaging me. It basically seems like he is trying to stay in touch or just check up and see how I am? It confuses me and this last time I didn't write back. (although I really wanted to!) I'm wondering if he will still try and text me, will this make him think about me more? I want him back!! Is this the right thing to do by ignoring him? I think its the right thing to do to act like I want nothing to do with him while he has a girlfriend?? Not sure...BTW he used to text his ex while we were dating once and awhile...although now I'm realizing he was probably more often..his texts to me seems harmless, I just don't get it.

A guy who likes to keep his exes around obviously.

Maybe he just likes the idea that there is always someone there he can 'fallback' on and if his current relationships goes tits up.

I'd continue to ignore him. If he wanted to be back with you, he'd make it clear he did and you'd be hearing from him more than once a month.

Agree with azure. He probably likes to have a fall-back plan incase him and his current gf doesn't work out. But don't get strung along, just continue to ignore him. Love is not logical, don't bother thinking about how long its been, or how long it took him to find someone else. Things happen when they do, but for you, the first step to really move on is accepting the fact that you won't be getting back with him. Only after this realization, can you officially move forward and work on your own life.
    Love and Inspiration - www.loveninspiration.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Inspiration/182247438490558

Agreeing with what's been said. Also maybe he just wants to check up on you and feels bad about the break-up since you're all brokenhearted, but I doubt it. Guys usually leave ex's around in the hope that when their new fling falls apart you'll be there to comfort them with make up sex.

Don't let this guy ruin your life or your chances of finding someone important to you. Don't let him keep you on hold!

Do whats in your heart and don't lie to yourself or you will be in for a hell of a ride. You must be in control of your own life, this is the only thing we ultimately have control of. Don't listen to anyone but yourself but also know that you have a problem with this guy.

Good luck! ~Brian~