+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Any Hope for an Ugly Chick?

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant_89 View Post
    Sounds like you surrounded yourself with a bunch of idiots in your life. You look good (hell, based on looks alone I'd date you), and some day you'll find someone that appreciates that, self-esteem or no self-esteem (I'd take a girl that lacks self-esteem over one that has too much of it any day), and you'll be all right.

Don't worry about it, you just need to find the right person.
    Lol.. ya, you say that, but self-esteem issues always come with a few unintended consequences..

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    I'd love to post a picture, but I need 15 posts first. Let's see if I can trick the forum.... Paste that into your address bar and add a .jpg. That's the most dolled up I usually get.

s9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/vertical_sky/?action=view&current=DSCF3769
    Ok...

You're not ugly. If I were single, I'd go out with you... of course, I'm probably too old for you, LOL. I won't lie and tell you that you're beautiful, but you're attractive enough. You don't look fat to me, either. I'd say there's hope.

you are FAR from ugly. Even without makeup you look good. With makeup and you are attractive for sure.

Hey guys!

I have a major problem attracting guys. I'm 25 years old, and while I've had a couple of boyfriends
    I'm kind of at my wits' end with what to do. I want to actually find a guy who thinks I'm the hottest girl, who actually enjoys my looks and doesn't just put up with them because I charmed him with my personality.

However, as a girl, I always hear that guys are very "visual," and that they'd rather go after a hot chick with a decent personality. I think the only reason my exes dated me were because they were a little desperate.

So guys... as an ugly girl, am I doomed to always being in the friend zone, or constantly having to fight hotter girls for male attention? Is there any lasting hope for an ugly chick?
    VS, I'm so sorry you feel this way about yourself.
    First off I wish I knew you because I'm certain you're not ugly.
    I think your looks may not conform to Maxim's top 100 (artificial and superficial list) and
    the men that surround you are shallow and inept.

In my experience no one can be said to be ugly.
    People's perceptions of "good looks" derive from programming.
    Take a look around. Mags, videos, TV shows all tell you how you are "supposed" to look. I say F that!

I was older than 25 when I finally met the "one."
    It it weren't from the knowledge attained from all those villainous ho-bags of death I'd rather have
    waited till the day I met my woman!

The only hope that is there is the hope you create.
    Your own personal confidence is what is holding you back!

I used to keep looking at mirrors (everywhere I went) so that the reflection would improve, no joke.
    I was socially awkward, clumsy, "ugly," and ill mannered, but most worst of all I was not confident.

Most people say confidence derives from being hot or perfect already -not true.
    Once you attain confidence (in loving yourself, knowing yourself and appreciating what/who you are) and
    know what you have to offer someone: your confidence will grow...And a good guy will take notice.

Demographics can play a huge role here.
    If you are surrounded by shallow guys who want stupid, uneducated but hot women: their loss!
    I don't even know you and I like you, the way you write and your overall demeanor! So
    look inside yourself, write down what you like, what you're good at and then write what you want.

Once you do that, think about it and say it out loud.
    I guarantee you that coupled with some newly found confidence: the universe will put
    events in motion to help you attain your goal(s) whatever they may be.

Fortune favors the bold. You've nothing to lose!!!!
    We all support you. "You're money baby, now show em what's up!" (my 1st smiley post here)

@Vince

I do have a gym membership. I'm a black belt in a martial art and I do belly dancing, but swear to God, my body just refuses to change. It freakin likes the way it looks-I even tried going days eating only crackers and water, and I go FATTER. Even my personal trainer is mystified-he says I have the muscle strength, but I just never freaking look like it.
    What do you eat?
    If I were you I'd consider a lifestyle change, not a "fad diet."

Look up ketogenic.

Basically it's a high protein and high fat diet but little carbs.
    We're taking 30g a DAY! If you're interested let me know and I can provide more info.
    You will lose weight.

When it comes to this doctors are wrong and the food pyramid is wrong -even back asswards. This isn't opinion. It's verifiable fact.
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 16-01-11 at 04:19 AM.

There's always hope lol

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    You're still delusional 5 pages of randoms have told you differently. Yet you choose to only believe the bullies. Think about that for a second. We unbiased see your blue sky, believe us.
    That's a bit of a problem. This reminds me of my problem. People say that I'm not ugly, but when I am searching for a girlfriend, women say that I am very ugly. Do you see a problem girl68? I certainly see a problem. The key word is an unbiased opinion. Are these guys actually bullies? I agree they shouldn't be calling her ugly. However, they have every right to find her unattractive. That's their choice. There's nothing that can change that.

Vertical Sky, you're not ugly. NO offense but I thought you were unattractive when I saw an very up close picture of you. However, I looked in your album named "me". You are at least average. The picture of you in fish nets and dark clothing outfit normally catches guys attention. I know a lot of guys who like that type of look on a girl.
    Last edited by Franklin; 21-01-11 at 10:11 PM.

Was that supposed to be constructive? If you think she at least looks average there was no need to point out that you thought she was "ugly". That is so much worse than saying "I don't find you attractive". It is the difference between stating that someone IS ugly and stating that you personally don't find them attractive. It is obvious that she has self esteem issues and your post did nothing but say, "well you're ugly, but fishnets might drum up some sexual attraction".

I also think that is is strange that you say that she isn't ugly, then that she is, and that she is average in the same breath. SMH SMH
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Was that supposed to be constructive? If you think she at least looks average there was no need to point out that you thought she was "ugly". That is so much worse than saying "I don't find you attractive". It is the difference between stating that someone IS ugly and stating that you personally don't find them attractive. It is obvious that she has self esteem issues and your post did nothing but say, "well you're ugly, but fishnets might drum up some sexual attraction".

I also think that is is strange that you say that she isn't ugly, then that she is, and that she is average in the same breath. SMH SMH
    You misunderstand me. I looked at one of her pictures, and it was a very up close picture. It was poorly angled and very up close. That was my first impression. However, I looked at her other photos and saw her at much better angles and they were face and body photos. That's what changed my first impression. The first photo was just a bad picture. The other photos look very nice.

About the fishnet comment. I should have gave more details. It was the total outfit that would make guys notice her. I've seen nerds at school who like this look on girls. She said she is a nerd. So I am guessing she is interested in nerds?

I think we should ask her what type of men is she seeking.
    Last edited by Franklin; 21-01-11 at 10:39 PM.

A little clarification goes a long way. That is so much more positive. Thanks.

Searching for a girl is your issue dude.
    A girl can sense when a guy is searching: usually denotes desperation.
    Women give you that MC-bubble-liscious fish eye look and scatter...This has nothing to do with your
    appearance as it does have to do with your "look" and demeanor. How can you receive an unbiased opinion about your appearance from
    superficial people? (you can't) BTW, it is already implied that everyone has a right to their opinion. They don't have the right to
    hurt other people. Words like tact and humility escape your vain peers...Even you.

it's like saying, "NO offense but you're a ****ing moron, but no offense..."

I mean you do understand the correlation between her picture looking *bad* and HER taking it as SHE is looking bad?
    All I am saying here is that people need support and to be shown there's another way.
    Your perception is the VERY reason why you think you're ugly. It's not because people think you are. They are only
    reciprocating what you are projecting outward of your self.

Who are you talking to? You seem to be talking to both the guy above and the OP. ??? Plus he already clarified.

What's holding you back is not so much being mediocre or ugly, but being a mediocre or ugly FEMINIST.

Geez, some ppl on here are so mean...seriously, FRANKLIN..don't say anymore..have u seen that movie SHALLOW HAL? Whats the link to your photo honey?

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
    What's holding you back is not so much being mediocre or ugly, but being a mediocre or ugly FEMINIST.

Read all the pages before posting. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking to.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast