+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this Legal???

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Unfortunately I disagree, the intent is the factor here.
    For one, I've been with a 14 year old when I was 17 (not 19) and her and I were seemingly in love.
    Of course I didn't get her pregnant but when I met her she look and acted much older than 14.

Technically it would also be statutory rape for having sex with her and I do see how a 14 year old could be perceived a child
    but at 14 many young women (I've known) handled relationships in stable/rational ways. The law is the law, and I do see that point but
    a 14, 15, 16 year old are hardly "children."

I do find it odd though how a dude who doesn't even go to the same school would meet up with a 14 yr old?
    Not trying to be an asshole here... but when was the last time you spoke with a 14 year old? They're physically mature, or mostly so, but they're really still children on the verge of adulthood. I actually had a similar situation. When I was 16, I briefly had a girlfriend that was 13. She didn't LOOK 13, but I figured it out pretty quickly. A three year gap was big enough that I noticed, and confronted her about it, and when I finally got a look at some I.D., I broke up with her immediately.

The gap between 19 and 14 is far more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanaKurzinjek View Post
    Consent is 14 in Austria??! wow.
    I'm gonna tell a scary story - it's 13 in Spain, and I heard not long ago some wanted to make it 11.
    Last edited by the_robot; 26-01-11 at 04:44 PM. Reason: shitty spelling

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I'm gonna tel a scary story - it's 13 in Spain, and I heard not long ago some wanted to make it 11.
    Why in the hell?...

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why in the hell?...
    I don't have a clue. It's sick if you ask me. Some famous journalist here even boasted a few months ago about having gone to thailand like 30 years ago to have sex with <12 year olds, it's a shame they can't get him in jail for that.

Alex should go to jail! He didn't just sleep with a 14 year old but he got her pregnant! she is just a kid herself and should be out having fun. Her parents have a right to know cause guess what? whos roof will she be living under? who be paying for the baby things? who be paying for everything actually!

Your friend Alex is an arsehole

I'm gonna tell a scary story - it's 13 in Spain, and I heard not long ago some wanted to make it 11.
    wowsers!!!

I bet it's even younger in some other countries and where kids are married young......maybe?

I don't have a clue. It's sick if you ask me. Some famous journalist here even boasted a few months ago about having gone to thailand like 30 years ago to have sex with <12 year olds, it's a shame they can't get him in jail for that.
    This peadophile would have been jailed here and banged on a 'sex offenders' list.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    wowsers!!!

I bet it's even younger in some other countries and where kids are married young......maybe?
    I don't know, people don't really marry young here.. the youngest one I know who got married is 28.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    This peadophile would have been jailed here and banged on a 'sex offenders' list.
    Can they after 30 years? People said they can't touch him because the crime prescribed.

Can they after 30 years? People said they can't touch him because the crime prescribed.
    I think they could still jail him over here, yes.

We've had cases of sexual abuse where it happened a long time ago, but the abuser can still go to jail I think.

Don't lie to protect your friend. Tell her that you're going to tell the truth if anyone asks you. That gives her the opportunity to come clean herself. She can't keep secrets, why should she expect everyone else to?

Her parents are going to find out she's pregnant, anyway. And if Alex is going to have anything to do with the baby, they're going to find out he's the father. Your friend's plan is stupid and short-sighted. Don't get yourself in trouble for lying to your parents over her stupid decisions.

To be honest, you're probably going to lose her as a friend over this. But she's a bad friend. She put you in a bad situation by asking you to lie to your parents, and that's not fair to you. Her parents really deserve to know the truth.

I am an australian and it's illegal to have sex with anyone under 16!

Ok, first off: Ew.
    WHY......god. And don't say that, 'oh, she's 14, she's not a kid' BS, because I hang around the youth groupers who are around that age every sunday, and lemme tell ya........they are eight year olds with a bigger vocabulary. Seriously. They don't know how to be mature, they don't know how to make capable SOUND choices. They're loud, they're irritating, they're obnoxious. You'll find one who has been put through hard times, and is FORCED to grow up and act like an adult, but really.......they're a kid inside.
    Yes, they know right from wrong, but are they going to stick with it? NO, because they're still children.
    "Alex' is disgusting. WTF. What, he can't find women his own age to screw him? Good god.

Since Kaylie thinks she's adult enough to get knocked up by a 19 year old man, then she needs to be woman enough to go and tell her parents the truth and clean up the mess she has made. And stop bringing other, innocent people in to her situation.
    Tell the truth. If her parents approach you, don't lie to save her ass. She brought this on herself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12