+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird and Confusing

Weird and Confusing

Okay so bear with me. Im in love with this girl. I have liked her for the past year and a half. She has always talked about how she didnt want a relationship with anyone so i never did anything. I started to date someone else and realized that I was still in love with the original girl. I broke off my relationship and came clean with my feelings. I told her that i liked her and she said she liked me back this whole time and wished i would have kissed her on many occasions. She said "I like you, alot. I just dont know what I want to do about that yet. I definitely dont want to be your next girlfriend. At least not right now." We talked about this and i couldnt stop myself from kissing her. She kissed back and we hooked up for a while. She told me she likes someone else too but she likes him because she knows he doesnt want a relationship and she just wants to have fun. She is not a whore and she has never done anything but kiss. She has such a weird view on relationships and does not get the point of them. She doesnt know what love is and she doesnt know why she would be in a relationship if she wasnt looking to get married anytime soon. What should I do? wait for her to be ready? Im really confused. Is there a way to attract this type of girl and make her want you as her boyfriend? Its so frustrating because I know she likes me. It would be so much easier to just be rejected

She's filling your head with crap I reckon.

She won't commit to you yet and for the simple reason, she's waiting to see what happens with the other guy.

She's holding out for him, in the same way you are holding out for her.

She has to tell you something that keeps you dangling.

IMO anyway.

Nah i know for a fact that the other guy is just a "for fun" kinda thing. Ive been her friend for over a year and a half and i also know the other guy. She just doesnt understand relationships. She had one other boyfriend and he was like the girl in the relationship.

OK whatever....keep on believing what she tells you.

Better than having to face the truth I guess

Here's what I would do. It might be bad though.
    I'd show her that you can't be pushed around, and you don't wait for her forever. I'd date other women and give her far less attention. See how she reacts.
    She is not, or should not be the only woman that attracts you on this planet. There is competition. I'd make her feel it and see what happens next

You should just date the other guy. Problem solved!

Sorry. My sense of humor gets in the way of things.

In all seriousness, I've waited about 9 years to even be friends with the girl I loved, and she went through 1 guy and 1 girl before me. My advice is to wait. A long time.

Take your balls back, drop her, and move on to someone who isn't going to view you as just an "option".

Plot twist! She said she wants to be earned and pretty much not be easy. She wants to be treated the right way because thats what is most important to her. She is looking for a guy that will treat her right. She told me this. Any advice on what to do to treat her "right" or show her im that kind of guy?

"Earned"? What's so great about her that she needs to be "earned"? There's millions of women out there.

I'll tell you what that's called. It's called entitlement bro. She thinks because she's a female that she deserves like, special treatment or something. I'm telling you, pick your balls up and move on.

I told her that i liked her and she said she liked me back this whole time and wished i would have kissed her on many occasions. She said "I like you, alot. I just dont know what I want to do about that yet. I definitely dont want to be your next girlfriend. At least not right now."
    Bro, if she likes you, why do you have to prove yourself to her? Not only does she want you to wait, but she also wants you to dump all this effort into proving yourself to her - meanwhile she's got another guy on the side! Is she worth it? What is she going to do in the meantime? Talk to the other guy while you're trying to get her attention and prove yourself? What effort is she going to put into things? It sounds like she just wants to sit back and see what you'll do for her. Sounds like she just wants the attention of two guys fawning after her.

Take your balls back, chinup, and move on with life.
    Last edited by Emerald_Dreams; 30-01-11 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dreams View Post
    Take your balls back, drop her, and move on to someone who isn't going to view you as just an "option".
    I had a pretty bad feeling about the original post but didn't know why. Now I read your comment I think I do.

" I don't know if I am ready to be in a relationship with you yet " can be translated as " I am the one who decides what happens between us. Your opinion doesn't really matter "

It looks like she is ignoring your request to be with her NOW, and it makes no sense because she has no reason for it. If she doesn't want it now, she will never really want it later either.
    It is a test to see who is pulling the strings. Don't let her think you depend on her, and you are waiting for her to decide.
    She is either scared to commit herself, or she is using you and wants to avoid saying no because then she'll lose your attention.

I would keep a distance, and see other women. Not romantically, but let her feel there is competetion and she has to work for you. Not vice versa.

Ignore the crap out of her. Don't even tell her why and let her run after you. If she doesn't, it wouldn't have worked anyway