+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing

Confusing

I found myself in a strange situation and I don't really know how to perceive it or how to understand this guy. So I'd wanna ask guys for their opinion. But not just guys of course. I met this guy online a few years ago and we have become very close friends, first online of course. There has always been some sort of affection between us, we cared about each other very much. Yet it was no relationship even though our conversations and mutual affection would imply something else. He always said that he doesn't think he could do a long distance relationship and all but yet still had affection for me, I was important and so on. Kinda like a vicious circle. And we met for real a few times this summer (we live in different countries) and the time together was great. We are both virgins and we didn't cross this barrier. We did make out and all. There certainly was affection there. I must say that I have known for a long time that I'm in love with him but he doesn't love me, just likes me a lot so he still didn't want a long distance relationship. But the thing is, he tells me how much I mean to him and how he cares about me and couldn't live without me. And on the other hand he tells me that he doesn't know if he could fall in love with me. How am I supposed to understand it? Like, I think I don't get guys,lol. And he tells me how much he'd want to make love to me because I mean so much to him. And I just don't understand that on one hand I mean so much to him, SO much that he'd wanna spend his first time with me but on the other hand, he tells me that he doesn't know if he could ever love me. Could somebody help me understand this?

Uh, love is a pretty severe thing. He probably doesn't think he could love you because he probably thinks loving means that you two need to know eachother on better terms personally, not just the internet

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

I'm not a man but I can tell you that knowing someone on line a few years is totally diffrent than knowing them in person for a few years. You only get a glimpse of what he wants you to see. You only know what he tells you. Meeting in person a few times dosn't mean you know enough about each other to be in love! Diffrent countries seems to make for a great on line friendship but not for a real relationship. Besides did you ever go to his home??? Do you know what his real life is like?? Too many women have thought they were in love and found out later that the men they thought were one way wern't in real life! Thinking back to my younger days I wonder.....are you perhaps in love with the idea of being in love???

I'll never understand men. lol. But I wouldn't get your hopes up. If you really want, you could bring up the subject again. If he turns you down, no biggie. Maybe its time to find someone thats close to you and will love you for who you are.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Yeah, I did go to his house, met his family,saw how he lives and so on. And well,I had been in love before I met him, with a person close to me so I know what it feels like and therefore unfortunately I guess-it is love. But oh well. I'm getting a bit tired with the situation and how one time he wants to be with me and the other he doesn't. So I dunno how it will be. But thanks very much for the answers=o) I appreciate them.