+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you know when you're in the "Friend Zone"

The only things we've said is that a guy is not autmomatically thrown in the friendzone for being nice.
    Did I say "nice"? No, I said "too nice". L2read, Thanks!

Can I ask how old you are?
    I'm old enough to know that all the anecdotes you're throwing around about yourselves are made up.

^troll!!!

Probably only 21....lmfao

Still a lot of GROWING UP to do....

And A LOT to learn about women.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dreams View Post
    Did I say "nice"? No, I said "too nice". L2read, Thanks!
    Well...I LURVVVE it and when a guy I'm both physically and sexually attracted too is really nice.....

I'd consider I'd found a guy with the 'WHOLE' package....exactly what I'm looking for

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I don't think I am 'that' different to other women though. The majority of 'normal' women I would imagine, would be looking for 'exactly' what I am - which is a nice, decent guy for whom they have both a physical and sexual attraction and a guy they get along with on all levels, a guy who can be her 'everything' and yeah, that includes 'best friend'..........Why would we be looking for any different??

Why on earth would we be looking for men who disrespect us, beat us up, treat us like shit, who won't be our friend and who we can't be friends with...?????

No woman wants ^^^^ that kind of man.

But you will get women who will accept this kind of man and that behaviour and because she has no self worth whatsoever and she doesn't think she is worthy of anything more.

Like I said in another thread, I won't be the first woman on the planet to have gone from friends to lovers and with a man for whom initially I was both physically and sexually attracted too.
    Lots of relationship have began with 'friendship' first - supposedly they are the best type of relationships to have!

But in order for it to go from 'friends to lovers', (at least for me and lots of other women I'd assume), there has to an attraction and from when you first laid eyes on the guy....

It wouldn't have gone from 'friends' to lovers' with him and if there had been no physical/sexual attraction on my part.....he'd have gone in the 'friendzone' and remained there for life...
    I guess the chick that put me to post here must be FKED in the head then? she started with this ugly abusive guy through "friendship" first. she had no feelings for him at the start but later he must be a smooth operator to steal her heart.
    what you said about low self worth dont really make sense...cos i was logically a better choice that popped up which she might have a chance with. but yet she still picked the ugly, old, skinny, short bald guy who has hit her. So its not like there is no 1 else out there for her.

Is she just fked in the head? or blinded by her love for him that no 1 else can fit in her heart? curious wot kinna mentality that type of girl got?

No romantic spark in the relationship
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by GK001 View Post
    I guess the chick that put me to post here must be FKED in the head then? she started with this ugly abusive guy through "friendship" first. she had no feelings for him at the start but later he must be a smooth operator to steal her heart.
    what you said about low self worth dont really make sense...cos i was logically a better choice that popped up which she might have a chance with. but yet she still picked the ugly, old, skinny, short bald guy who has hit her. So its not like there is no 1 else out there for her.

Is she just fked in the head? or blinded by her love for him that no 1 else can fit in her heart? curious wot kinna mentality that type of girl got?
    Her bf may be ugly in your eyes....perhaps not in hers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

There are different instances and I can't sit her and explain them all.....

But YES, it is possible and for a female to meet a guy who at first she may be half hearted about, become friends with him and feelings can grow for him and as she gets to know him. It happened this way and with me and my ex husband and I'm not fcked in the head. I will admit and at first, there wasn't a big attraction to him, but in my eyes he was ok looking. We got chatting and he was a 'NICE' guy, who paid me tons of attention, was interesting to talk too and he made me laugh a lot. So we'd arranged to meet up again, I'd enjoyed myself a lot with him, we began spending more time together and I started to develop feelings for him.....the rest is history.

I've seen your threads before where you talk about this girl....and just because you may be better looking, have lots of money and a nice car, DOESN'T make you a better choice or a better partner IMO. For most women, it's about how guys treat us and all about how a guy makes us feel, not what they have got.....

This guy obviously has something she likes, that you didn't have....

If he's abusive as you claim, then ask her why she remains with him....

I'm explaining instances where I feel it can go from friends to lovers/instances where men are friendzoned.

I'm not here to 'work' out how your ex gf ticks....only she has the answer to that one.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 30-01-11 at 03:48 AM.

yet she still picked the ugly, old, skinny, short bald guy who has hit her. So its not like there is no 1 else out there for her.
    You should check out the thread on the Knight in Shining Armor. If a girl is stuck on an abusive guy (for the record, it doesn't matter what he looks like... people can be attracted to lots of different things, even short and bald, and ugly is a matter of opinion) then perhaps she's "messed in the head," but you're ALSO a little messed in the head by continuing to pursue someone who is with someone else, and with someone who doesn't treat them right. Why are you continuing to chase after someone who isn't interested and who doesn't have enough self worth to get herself out of an abusive situation?

Look up this site lovemattaz(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Her bf may be ugly in your eyes....perhaps not in hers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

I've seen your threads before where you talk about this girl....and just because you may be better looking, have lots of money and a nice car, DOESN'T make you a better choice or a better partner IMO. For most women, it's about how guys treat us and all about how a guy makes us feel, not what they have got.....

This guy obviously has something she likes, that you didn't have....

If he's abusive as you claim, then ask her why she remains with him....

I'm explaining instances where I feel it can go from friends to lovers/instances where men are friendzoned.

I'm not here to 'work' out how your ex gf ticks....only she has the answer to that one.
    oh its not just in my eyes lol...most of her friends thinks they're not right for each other. anyway i guess she just dont care what guys look like.
    Having financial security is just one aspect of what i gave her. If you read my thread i pretty much gave her my all. time, care, attention, support you name it, its pretty much text book.

i guess his just got some qualities that i'm missing. his very controlling thats what she told me. i havent contacted her and wont be so i dont know whats going on in her head lol i'm not fked in the head to go after a girl after she uses me then goes back to her abusive ex. (i;m in the healing stages now after been thrown in the bin)
    anyway dont wanna make this thread about me. was curious about the mentality of such a chick thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    You should check out the thread on the Knight in Shining Armor. If a girl is stuck on an abusive guy (for the record, it doesn't matter what he looks like... people can be attracted to lots of different things, even short and bald, and ugly is a matter of opinion) then perhaps she's "messed in the head," but you're ALSO a little messed in the head by continuing to pursue someone who is with someone else, and with someone who doesn't treat them right. Why are you continuing to chase after someone who isn't interested and who doesn't have enough self worth to get herself out of an abusive situation?

haha u got it wrong mate. i didnt continuing to pursue her. she thrown me out of her life after i was there to help her recover from the abuse and thats that.
    Last edited by GK001; 30-01-11 at 11:00 AM.

^^Ahhhh, so he's her ex?? He was on the scene and before you were?

In that case, she probably went back and because she never totally lost her feelings for the guy.

That is the usual' reason why we will go back to our exes.

^^Ahhhh, so he's her ex?? He was on the scene and before you were?

In that case, she probably went back and because she never totally lost her feelings for the guy.

That is the usual' reason why we will go back to our exes.
    yep. if u remember from the thread. he hit her just 2 month in after they made it "official".
    the abuse happened during the peak romance period of the relationship. i guess that might be the reason why she couldnt let go.
    but its still pretty screwed up to hit a girl during the honeymoon period. usually happens later...i duno its kinna fked up.

yep. if u remember from the thread. he hit her just 2 month in after they made it "official".
    the abuse happened during the peak romance period of the relationship. i guess that might be the reason why she couldnt let go.
    but its still pretty screwed up to hit a girl during the honeymoon period. usually happens later...i duno its kinna fked up.
    Hmmm, so she's likely already been in love with this guy and when the abuse started. When we love someone, it does become much harder to leave I guess, we forgive and they get second chances.

How soon did you get involved with her and after their split?

On second thoughts I will look up your thread and rather than hijack this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123