+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke up one week ago, Need her back so badly.

Broke up one week ago, Need her back so badly.

I broke up with my Girlfriend on Monday after a year of being in Love head over heels. She ended because she says I've changed. We have had small arguements in the past but nothing so serious. We have shared the most wonderful time together over the last year and only last week we were discussing when i next see her (4th and 5th Feb).She poured her eyes out when I got the train home and always has. We live apart as we're at different Universities and so see each other every 3 or 4 weeks for a few days (a week tops) We spend longer periods together in summer and holidays. I love her to pieces still and I'm finding it so hard to move on. I would do anything to be back with her. I had to delete her from facebook because in any spare time I had i was simply sitting waiting to see something (not even sure what) I explained this in an email. I told her how much pain i was going through and it was to hard to be able to see the pictures and things she said.

She text me the next morning (friday morning) asking "why are you making this so hard baby." She told me she loves me but she cant be with me.

Before this i spoke with a friend of hers. I had already booked the train tickets for the next time I see her. I was confused at the time. I said to her friend to ask her on monday if she wanted me to go up still. Rather than waiting till monday the friend must have told her straight away as she txt me saying "dont come up"

Obviously for two or three days I did the whole pleading and begging thing before several friends told me to give her space. She was being very persistant. I appreciate that but I worry that she will think I dont care if i dont contact her. She is home this weekend with her ill grandfather and her family. I told her via text that I would be here for her and that anything she needs to talk about she only has to call or txt. I am holding on so hard because I need her - we had dreams together and were deeply in love and I keep thinking she will come to her senses. What is the best thing to do to improve my chances of us being together. Could she just be confused and come round. I need that hope.

Please dont leave messages informing me to grow up or get over it. I know I need to but i wont just stop trying as i find it hard to believe that she doesn't love me, i'm convinced there is a chance.

Thank you for reading. I'm all ears

I'm not going to tell you to grow up or get over it, bc that's easier said than done. I will say this, though, if you truly love her then you need to respect her. She's asked you to stop. Listen to her, bc it's the biggest proof of love you can give. By texting her and communicating with her friends you will only make her upset. P.S. Saying you "need" someone is quite unhealthy, so don't ever say that to her.

I would give her space and get on with your life. I am going through something similar and you will keep getting urges to contact her - like every second of the day but DON'T do it at least for a few months or even see if she gets back to you. If she likes you and wants to try again she will drop the subtle hints soon enough. It's a hard slog knowing if they will ever get back to you but at this moment you are both hurting and confused and need to let that clear then you will both be thinking more rationally.

If she never gets back to you, which in the general scheme of things is highly unlikely, then you will be waiting for ever so you can see there is no point sitting by the phone, just do what you do and let things setle down for a couple of months.

BB

Wait wait wait... what did actually happen between you, that made her say you have changed/ she can't be with you etc.?