+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Internet Love

Internet Love

My life has been completely changed..

Ive met a man online who i have completely fallen for.. There is 2 years between us. Howevere, he lives in London and Im in Dublin. We've been having phone calls, skype dates, texts and e mails. Its been goin on for a good while but due to his busy schedule its proving impossible for us to ever meet. Thus, resulting in this affair to be stopped. I agree whole heatredly with the decision as it is realistic but i think i love him. He makes me smile everytime i see him, he makes the day good for me.. Its killing me that this is over. We've agreed to remain friends but i dont want that. Ive completly fallen for him. Hes aware of my feelings, and he has told me how much he really likes me. We both feel that if it went on any longer, we would both be emotionally hurt as distance would have a major effect.

Its been only a few days but i miss him and love him so so much..

Someone tell me what to do because im going out of my mind ):

I'm a bit wary of men who say they are too busy to meet. If he's too busy and to see things through to a 'real' meeting, then why look online and for love in the first place?

I think that when people are both different countries, it's a waste of time.

But then you say Dublin and London. UK?? Only that isn't the UK flag which you have registered as your country.

If Dublin and London, UK....it's a 2 hour ferry trip and to meet.

He's probably married with 4 kids...

he genuinely isnt though.. hes a great man with a great job and future prospects. He acts as a hobby and most weekends he has shows and other commitments..

What do u think i should do??

Just forget about this?...knowing that even though weve only spoke and seen each other on skype that we get on as if we've known each other years?

im a firm believer in fate and i just am weary bout lettin it go just in case in time something could work? :/

^How can you be sure of his 'real life' circumstances? You 'really' don't know the guy. You became close in cyberspace....that is a far cry from 'reality'.
    You havn't visited his home. Don't know his family and friends and have never met them. Guy could be 'anybody'.....

Why doesn't he want to meet? Surely he can't be busy and 24/7, 7 days a week...??

Look....I've been where you are and with a guy I met online and I know that people can get really close and feelings can develop and yeah, you feel like you have known them for years, etc, etc. But if there is no chance of you two ever meeting, what is the point?

If he liked you that much, he'd meet you IMO. The guy in my situation waited 8 months to see me and he travelled miles to meet me.

All you can do is ask him and if there is a chance you two will ever meet. Set a time limit to meet....like a month, 2 months.

If you still havn't met by then....I'd move on.

Yeah i suppose you have quite a valid point!

Thank you for your help, seriously it has made things a little more out of my perspective and helped!

Good Luck and keep us informed of how things go

If it was important to both of you then you would have met by now. Dublin to London is not exactly a difficult journey to make.

Just think about your choices. If he means so much to you, then isn't it worth the risk to find out what meeting him would be like? What's the worst case scenario - you spend a bit of money, a couple days of your life. And to be honest, the absolute worst that happens is that it doesn't work. - but then at least you know! you'll be able to move on easier. I always recommend people to follow their hearts. I'm moving to Australia in a month, for just that reason. To see a man I met more than 2 years ago, and have only spent a week with in person. But pretty sure I love him, and even if it doesn't work out at least I'll know that I tried. I won't always have to be wondering about it! Good luck with whatever you decide to do though!