+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: age???

Wait, 19 and 20 are just months apart. He could have rounded up, as i always do. Im 36, but i tell people im 37 because my birthday is coming up this summer. Just a technicality no big deal. The age gap isn't huge. When i met my ex wife, i was 19 and she was 22. The was no age gap stress at all. Marriage ended 12 years later because she was cruel to me. Ideally, when a woman is 3-4 years older than the man, it's a really good match.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He just turned 19... so he "rounded up" and entire year.

You know what, I misread this thread....

I thought she was already IN a relationship with him and she isn't.

OK well my opinion changes now. ...don't have anything to do him. He is a bit young, plus he's a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You know what, I misread this thread....

I thought she was already IN a relationship with him and she isn't.

OK well my opinion changes now. ...don't have anything to do him. He is a bit young, plus he's a liar.
    oh wait, I didn't notice that either. I still don't get why her family would go crazy though... especially if they aren't even together! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    oh wait, I didn't notice that either. I still don't get why her family would go crazy though... especially if they aren't even together! lol
    Exactly...think that is why I was confused too. She made it seem like she was with him.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 19-02-11 at 12:49 AM.

1. He lied.

2. He wasn't mature or secure enough with himself to tell you his real age.

Remember that there will be others, and move on. Do it NOW since it is still in the early stages.

Or, try to hang in there and learn things the hard way, and regret it later. We all have to do that at some point. I know I have!

If your family will go crazy about it, then your family has a problem because if this guy is mature, he can be valuable to you and your family.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

he might just be embarrassed to tell you his real age.

I am 24 and my gf just turned 20.

You are 23 hes 19.... he cant even drink LEGALLY. wait till he turns 21!

I would think he was more concerned about him being 18 (almost 19) seeing/talking to a 23 year old. The age difference isn't much, but there's some sort of social stigma around crossing that 20 by more than a year or two.
    Personally, I wouldn't make much of it, but I would dang well make it clear that it was a lie, and it ends with that one.

Beyond that, anything under 25, you're just playing Russian roulette with the maturity levels of both people. Nothing bad or against anyone, just something to think about if you think it's going to cause other stresses within your family.
    Green!

Being in a relationship for 10 yrs, I got comfortable with only one way and that was my ex so I'm a little lost if anyone was wondering. Thanks for all of the replies. Also to clear up some things, I am upset that he lied about a small thing like age. But I was thinking that my family would have a problem with our age difference. Now that I know age is just a number to most I will continue with the rest of the problems. Here is more.

When we hang out, its more of drive around so he can go several places unless I suggest it. I don't mind it because I like to drive and plus I get free food and gas but then I started to wonder if I am being used for jst my car. So as the friendship continues I decided to find out more on my own so I start to be nosey. The first night of staying at his house, I went through his phone contacts while he was sleep. I saw a lot of females names including mines but two contacts said baby mother on it, I was puzzled. Then the third thing that puzzled me was when we are in the car he is texting. So while after getting him drunk, I had a statement about him having other girls. He started talking and he stated that "I liked you a lot and I'm glad to have you around me and I know I don't show it a lot. I going to be 100% with you or 90, 95; just know you will always have my heart, I was puzzled. Then he went out last night and asked me to pick him up and go home with him. I thought this will be the best opportunity for me to find out some other things. While driving to his house, he was texting again but he was too drunk to remember to delete them before going to sleep. So I went through the text message. There was one female who he asked to use her car. Another female who he lied to and said his phone was dying so he could not talk and he asked her to also use her car (one of the baby mother contacts). Then a female who asked him to get a room with her. Then other texts with other females but was not important enough to remember. So out of all of these texts three females received a ILY and Good Night text before he went to sleep and I was one. So I ask now that I have investigated and know what is really going on, should I cut him off and let him be with one of them, have fun with it and use him, expose him and tell him what I know, or give him the opportunity to come clean before March 6 when I cut him loose for continuing to lie about his age?
    Last edited by mizcocoami; 27-02-11 at 10:11 PM.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    3 or 4 years difference really ain't big... at all. Unless it's like a 16 year old with a 12 year old.
    The lie is more troublesome, though. But anyone who thinks 4 year difference is huge might miss out on something amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mizcocoami View Post
    Being in a relationship for 10 yrs, I got comfortable with only one way and that was my ex so I'm a little lost if anyone was wondering. Thanks for all of the replies. Also to clear up some things, I am upset that he lied about a small thing like age. But I was thinking that my family would have a problem with our age difference. Now that I know age is just a number to most I will continue with the rest of the problems. Here is more.

When we hang out, its more of drive around so he can go several places unless I suggest it. I don't mind it because I like to drive and plus I get free food and gas but then I started to wonder if I am being used for jst my car. So as the friendship continues I decided to find out more on my own so I start to be nosey. The first night of staying at his house, I went through his phone contacts while he was sleep. I saw a lot of females names including mines but two contacts said baby mother on it, I was puzzled. Then the third thing that puzzled me was when we are in the car he is texting. So while after getting him drunk, I had a statement about him having other girls. He started talking and he stated that "I liked you a lot and I'm glad to have you around me and I know I don't show it a lot. I going to be 100% with you or 90, 95; just know you will always have my heart, I was puzzled. Then he went out last night and asked me to pick him up and go home with him. I thought this will be the best opportunity for me to find out some other things. While driving to his house, he was texting again but he was too drunk to remember to delete them before going to sleep. So I went through the text message. There was one female who he asked to use her car. Another female who he lied to and said his phone was dying so he could not talk and he asked her to also use her car (one of the baby mother contacts). Then a female who asked him to get a room with her. Then other texts with other females but was not important enough to remember. So out of all of these texts three females received a ILY and Good Night text before he went to sleep and I was one. So I ask now that I have investigated and know what is really going on, should I cut him off and let him be with one of them, have fun with it and use him, expose him and tell him what I know, or give him the opportunity to come clean before March 6 when I cut him loose for continuing to lie about his age?
    Wow. There is so much wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin. You see nothing wrong with going through his phone contact list and texts?

Blimey I agree ^^^. Why are you going through his phone? I mean, can't you find out and from other people as to what this guy may be all about and if he's local?

He sounds like a player to me.

Shame on you for starters. For someone so sensitive about little lies, you sure don't have a problem going through his personal things.

And I wouldn't waste my time on him. (FYI, you're also on the list of not wasting time on)
    Green!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast