+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: age???

age???

I'm a 23 yrs old female who have been talking to this guy for three months. He told me he was 20 yrs old and I accepted him. I'm starting to develop feelings for him so I did some background digging and I found out he just turned 19 yrs old. I haven't approached him about it yet but I don't kno what to do. My family will probably go insane when/if they find out.

Quote Originally Posted by mizcocoami View Post
    My family will probably go insane when/if they find out.
    why? 4 years isn't a huge age difference... I would be more concerned about him lying to you rather than the age gap

So you thought he was 20 and he's only 19....

And??

Not like he'd said he was 15 or 65 is it??? Then you'd have had something to worry about...

Sheesh a few months between 19 and 20 and it's panic stations...wtf? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    why? 4 years isn't a huge age difference... I would be more concerned about him lying to you rather than the age gap
    Well he didn't lie about much did he....not like he's a 55 year old perv pretending to be 20, lol.

But yeah, all the same it was a lie...so I agree.

I would kick him to the curb...he is just a teenager...not that 4 years is a big difference...but women do mature faster than guys...plus he is already lying to you and this is only the beginning...he's a loser..

Age is only a number if he is mature what difference does it make
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    Age is only a number if he is mature what difference does it make
    I'm failing to see what difference there is between 19 and 20 years of age...??

If she could accept him at 20, why not at 19....a few months younger than 20?

I think some folks just like to whinge for the sake of whinging.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'm failing to see what difference there is between 19 and 20 years of age...??

If she could accept him at 20, why not at 19....a few months younger than 20?

I think some folks just like to whinge for the sake of whinging.

I don't think people are saying anything because of his actual age...I think they are saying things because he lied to her..

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dunno, I think it's the fact he lied and is continuing to lie... because YOU found out... he didn't confess. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by courtney90 View Post
    I don't think people are saying anything because of his actual age...I think they are saying things because he lied to her..
    OP's issue seems to his age and it's her issue as the initial poster to this thread I am addressing. I'm confused as to why the age should be an issue for her, when he's a few months between 19 and 20.

Yes, I know he lied and people pointed out he lied....but that isn't getting to the crux of the matter over why a ONE year difference bothers her so much/why the so little age gap would matter.

I'm unsure why he would even lie and say a year older. I could sort of understand if he went five years older, but a year??? lol.....Obviously he thinks there is a huge difference between 19 and 20 too...

Not that I agree with lying...I loathe lies and deceit....and yes, it should be her 'main' issue.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 18-02-11 at 04:35 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    3 year difference is big add another and it's much bigger. I'd have an issue too.

She was ok with and had accepted a 3 year difference though. That is why I fail to see why she's ok with a 3 year difference and not a 4 year difference....I fail to see what difference 'one' year makes.
    Her main issue should be he lied...not because he's a year younger and it makes a 4 year difference rather than a 3 year one.

Anyway her problem,she received advice... let her sort it out.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At that age yes, 1 MORE year is a big deal. Not to mention he JUST turned 19 so it wasn't just a year it is more... he could have been 18 when he lied.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I'm 20 and can HARDLY stand being around any guy my age because they are so damn immature. Honestly i think you should just dump him, it probably won't work out.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    1. 4 years is not a huge age gap when you think about it technically BUT a female at the age of 23 is in a much different place then a male at age 19, see what i'm getting at?
    2. He DID lie, small lie or not. A lie is a lie is a LIE!
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast