+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Telling a girl she is stunnigly beautiful

Telling a girl she is stunnigly beautiful

Hi sisters,

I am very shy and socially anxious. I am considering stopping a lady in the street to tell her that she is beautiful and then walk away immediately in order to lose my anxiety and break the awkwardness I feel when I speak to girls.

My question is, would you consider what I am going to do offensive? Would you slap me? Would you accuse me of harassment?

I truly am afraid of getting into trouble.

I don't think anyone would be particularly offended, probably just weirded out. It's sort of a creepy thing to do. Why don't you actually try having conversations with females that you run into in social settings? That would be a lot better practice than just saying a few words to a random girl walking by.

Ume is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I actually did that a few times as a drunken dare. Most people will simply laugh at you, some might be weirded out. The only way anybody is going to be mad at you is if they think that you are mocking them. (Which they might if they have rather low self esteem)

I know that for shy people it can be pretty hard to get over their shyness. Simply trying to strike up a conversation with complete strangers as MerryH has suggested is probably already too much for you. What I have done to get over some of my social anxiety is to look women I passed by on the street or saw in a train straight in the eyes and if they looked back smiled at them instead of looking away. Maybe that exercice could help you.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its a bit weird. I would probably laugh. You should get talking properly to some women.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I have done this - not the quickly walking away part, but the first part. I've prefaced is with "Excuse me, I don't want to creep you out or anything, but..."

It's worked out nicely. I've always gotten a "Oh, thank you!" and usually a blush. Then I smile and move on.

Sometimes you just have to tell somebody.

I'd think you were a weirdo and laugh.

But be flattered I guess.