+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: age???

Really it isn't a big deal....its hardly a big lie. As for people saying break up with him because teenagers are so immature..don't listen to them. You liked him when you thought he was 20 and he is not going to have a sudden personality change now that you know he is 19. My advice tell him you know and don't hold it against him (we all tell little white lies at the beginning of relationships to impress the other person)

As for what your parents or friends may think, it doesn't matter. If the relationship last long enough they will eventually get over it and if it doesn't last then they won't have to worry. My father was 24 when married my mother who was 30. My grandparents weren't to happy at the time but 26 years later they think nothing of it.

Again, I'm with the majority of people on the fact that he lied more than what the lie was about. Although...you've only been chatting a while, the lad may just have panicked and said he was a bit older to keep your interest. We've all done daft things when put on the spot. From an age point of view though, my parents had a gap of 14 years and had a very successfull marriage of 39 years until death parted them. So I wouldn't worry too much about the actual gap itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123