+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A little question

A little question

Myself and my friend/boyfriend were out at a function. He went to help someone with carrying a box to their car.... I did not know he was doing this. When he came back he could not get back in to the bar. He did phone and text me but I couldn't hear my phone. I was waiting on him thinking he had gone to the bar or was talking to someone. In the text he said I may find my own way home as he could not get back in and he was going to his house. I kind of took it bad as I think he should have told me he was helping someone with the box thus I would have known something was up when he did not return and I wouldnlt have wasted my night waiting on him. I text him later that night saying just that and he said that it wasn't a big deal. I got no call or text the next day..... should I be taking this so bad???

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would be mad if my date left me in a bar. Were you there with other people who could take you home?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hi, thanks for the reply,

There were other people there that I knew.... now I know it's not his fault that he could not get back inside, but I really think he should have told me he was leaving for 10mins to help someone, then I would have known where he was, when he didn't show back up then I would have known he wasn't able to get back in. I walked home on my own, its only a minutes walk, but nonetheless hate doing it late at night. The only other thing is that I am quite a shy person and am comfortable around him, but I don't go out much and explained to him that I hate being left on my own. Might sound needy, lol.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most guys would be a bit more protective than that, I think.

Yep, I'd be mad.

Is he always so thoughtless? Or is he generally just kind of socially awkward?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Does he have to tell you each time he goes to the bathroom, goes to up to the bar to order a drink, leaves for a second to talk to someone he knows?

No he does not have to tell you he is stepping outside for a second to help someone to load up a box. He did try to text and call you.

It was a very unfortunate situation. Yes I can see getting mad while you were in the bar wondering if you got ditched or something bad happenned to him. BUT there was a good explanation.

if there were a few of you out, especially your friends, and he nipped out i really dont think he needed to tell you. yeh it was justifiable getting mad when you didnt know what was up, but when you knew the explanation i think you should have dropped it.

plus if a girl i was dating had a go at me for "wasting her night" when a) i was going out of my way to help someone else out in the first place b) it wasn't my fault for not being able to get back in c) i had nipped out, not ditched her, not moved onto another bar etc d) it wasn't a one on one date becuase of your friends being there .... then i would be pissed off too and you defo wouldn't be getting a call in the morning...

so yeh, i think your needy

No... I am def not one of those people who has to know where he is at all times!!! That's why I thought he'd gone to the bar to maybe chat to some friends, but I got angry when I realsied he was away home. Now I now know i may have over reacted but my gut feeling was 'Cheers for leaving me here on my own'. I was annoyed as I was sitting waiting on him, when he explained he couldnlt get back in, I was like thats ok I understand, but maybe you shud have told me you were leaving. Maybe I am in the wrong but I think it's only manners if you are leaving a bar for any reason.... I would do that. He doesn't like social situations.

Yeah, I think it it was me in that situation (of carrying a box), if I was with someone I'd tell them where I was going. Not because I would feel I have to tell them, but because I just would...

He doesn't like social situations? Maybe he was using the box and as an excuse to escape then.

Thanks for all your comments and views. I apologised for being a bit stupid and said I took it bad when I was told to walk home on my own after he took me out, but felt bad when I realised he was helping someone out. Hopefully we have both learned a lesson. He should be clearer in texts and I should back off a bit and chill out perhaps.