+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best Friend / Girlfriend Advice. Dont know what to do!

Best Friend / Girlfriend Advice. Dont know what to do!

Hi, I’m 19 years old, and I would like some help or advice from someone who may have experienced a similar set of circumstances in the past or someone who has lived longer than me with more experience! J

One of my good friends split up with his girlfriend about 6 Months ago, or should I say she split up with him. They are both over that now, he is happy with another girl, and she is in an unstable relationship with an ‘’arse hole’’ of a boyfriend who treats her like crap!

My dilemma is, I really like her and care about her, a lot, and have done for a while, even whilst her and my friend were together, but I never really thought anymore of it for that reason alone. We have been going out on an evening on the odd occasion recently in a group or just the two of us ‘’as friends’’. We get on extremely well, and when we are together she is sometimes flirty and overfriendly (in a nice way). I really want to tell her how I feel to get it off my chest, but I can’t pluck up the courage to do so for fear of messing things up with our current friendship. She has said numerous times that she has made a mistake with the man she’s currently with and sees no future. We are texting daily about pretty much anything.

Also, my friend (as far as I’m aware) doesn’t know we hang out now and then. The reason for them not knowing, again, is because I’m afraid they will not be happy so I would hardly see her again! Also I wouldn’t want to be secretive all the time, hiding things from certain people.

I just don’t know what to do and it’s stressing me out!

Any helpful advice would be highly appreciated

Many Thanks

If you tell her how you feel then you really will never see her again. If she was interested in you she would have gone out with you by now instead of an a sshole. You are just friends. Girls will flirt and be nice with no intention of wanting you sexually. If you like her just ask her out on a date but make sure she knows if she says no there will be no pressure from you. If you come right out and tell her you have feelings for her for quite some time, she will get creeped out and will feel awkward around you hence the never see you again. These situations can get very dicey so you are taking your chances. Once you step over that friendship line and you get rejected, the majority of the time you lose that friendship as well.

tell her how you feel! =) why not? At least let her know that you would like to see her with someone that treats her better.
    Hunter S. Thompson once said "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."