+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just messed up or logical?

Just messed up or logical?

So I have fallen head over heals for this man, problem is, three weeks later he moved 400 miles. We are still together but haven't seen each other for a month and a half now and its absolutely painful. But still we stick together and call almost every night... or we did. We have gotten a bit distant, but still talk, still miss and still hurt from the distance. Still talk about having a family together, make up crazy dates that we swear to go on. We absolutely love each other. But still, while hes gone, my mind wonders and I seam to be obtaining more and more... and more guy friends. I am not going to sway and cheat on him, that I can swear, but how can I stop with the guy friends and help my boyfriend to see they are just friends? And am I being stupid about my guy friends or does anyone else think i'm trying to fill a gap?

LDR's are not what I consider healthy relationships. You can either live without him, or not.
    Green!

How long were you seeing him for before he moved?

Why have neither of you visited in 6 weeks?

LDR's are a complete minefield, very few are sucessful.

I, personally, like having guy friends whether I'm in a relationship or not. I'm not a complete girly-girl, so it's nice to hang out with some low-drama people and play video games or something.

LDR aside, you would probably have these friends if it was a normal distance relationship, so try to explain that to him. I hope the relationship can work.

Regnent, I see where you are coming from, but sometimes it's not that simple. I'm still in school so if I started something with someone back home, they'd be 3 hours away for most of the year. If you're just starting out, it's hard to leave a new job for something that could possibly not work out. If it's meant to be, they'll eventually move closer together. Until then, trust and a love for each other are two things that can make a LDR work, imo