+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i feel bullied by my boyfriend.

i feel bullied by my boyfriend.

Lately i have been feeling a little bit bullied by my boyfriend, i don't know if i am over-reacting or if my boyfriend really does have a bad anger problem.

About 3 days ago, me and him argued because i had asked him if he could come off his laptop for a while before he went on the night shift, baring in mind it was 6oclock, he left at 18:45 and he had been in bed on his laptop since he woke up. It does annoy me as i'm the one who cooks, tidys up behind him, packs his lunch and i just wanted to spend some time with him before he went to work, my boyfriend started shouting about me being a control freak and he can't do what he wants to do, if he wants to sit on his laptop he should be able to and so on, i understand what he means, but i feel as he has a girlfriend and lives with me, he should want to spend some time with me before he goes to work? when he raises his voice, it scares me. He blows up because he says i dont drop things, i admit i sometimes dont know when to drop it but he always twists what i say/ask into me being controlling. Yesterday, after our bad day before hand i said sorry when he wokeup, he went out to the shop. When he came back i had just got out the bath and had a towel on, i used it to my advantage as he came in and thought we could have some fun, i was sat on the bed and leaned over to put my phone on the side, my boyfriend came behind me which made me jump and as i jumped back i hit him on the mouth by accident. I laughed because i was nervous, as the last time i hurt him by accident he pushed me and he didnt talk to me for hours.. my boyfriend was so verbally nasty to me it made me feel like crap. In the end he hit me really hard in the chest. I thought this was out of order as i didnt mean to do what i did and he knows i didnt. He then didn't talk to me for ages, when i ask him why or a question about it he calls me "F*cking stupid" and names. It really hurts my feelings. Then today i was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and my boyfriend sneaked into the bathroom and put his face right next to mine with the intenstion to scare me and as i turned round it made me jump, im sure thats happened to everyone? i called him a D*ck and i admit my tone of voice might of been nasty, but it was instinct as it genuingly came as a suprise to see his face there. This has happened many times with my sisters or mum and we've just laughed it off. However my boyfriend told me to "not f*cking talk to him like that" and punched me in the bottom of my back, it hurt so much it made me cry and has actually bruised pretty bad. He knew he did wrong as he said sorry straight away and tried to cuddle me, but i was too hurt to even want too.

He blames me for what he does.. i told him if he does it once more thats it, but he says if i didnt do the things i did then it wouldnt happen, but i dont think i did anything to deserve it, or did i? :/

These arent just the insidances in which this has happened, he's hit/pushed me out of anger before. For example at christmas we were arguing after we'd both had a drink, typically over nothing that would of been any of importance if we were sober, when he had enough he told me to shut up and hit me in the head 3 times or if we're arguing and i dont drop it when he wants.. he grabs me by the hair.

He isn't a violent person unless we are arguing but its got to the stage where i am actually really scared of him.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You being a potential controlfreak is a small sidepoint completely unimportant in this story.

He should NEVER hit you, and he should certainly not blame it on you. This guy is a HUGE risk. I'd advice you to get out of it as quickly as you can or I can guarantee you'll end up in a relationship where you are either very obedient or get beaten up.
    It might be a smart move to simply go to the cops for safety. Remember that such actions are never ever acceptable.
    Get out, now.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahx View Post
    He isn't a violent person unless we are arguing but its got to the stage where i am actually really scared of him.
    this man is violent runnnnnnn it gets worst and he blames you runnnnnnnnnn
    is it going to take you until your in the hospital to see he is violent
    Last edited by sweetkissesforu; 16-03-11 at 09:04 AM.
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

... Leave him. You're being abused, and he's a looser if he's sitting on his comp while you do everything around the house.
    Green!

You know what you need to do in your heart... love is lot of things but bear in mind if you continue you going to be scared for life.. There is a lot of deep seated negative emotions bottled inside of you and him . if you don't address it now you can expect a visit from the police or the worse in the future. You deserve better.....

what would happen if he got mad when he was ironing his shirt, or cooking with a knife in his hand?

over dramatization maybe but just hink what if?
    i'd get out of there ASAP.

easier said than done i know, especially if you love someone, but from an outsiders perspective it really is the best thing to do.

He is an absolute nut job who is manipulative and dangerous. Get all your stuff together and leave whilst he is at work and do not go back to him, ever.

Leave him he should never hit you.

Your boyfriend is violent and the way that it's going now I don't know how much longer you will last. Once a boyfriends get the way yours is acting it'll only get worse. Most men that hits on their girlfriend ( I mean all boyfriends) are showing them that they don't respect them. You want someone that'll respect you for you and if he is hitting on you and cussing at you then he dosen't have that repsect for you. In my opinion I think that he is keeping that up because in his heart he is scared to lose you. He knows your special but is scared to admit it