+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm a bi@$# I guess, but should I tell my boyfriend how I feel? Please read.

I'm a bi@$# I guess, but should I tell my boyfriend how I feel? Please read.

I don't really even know how to begin this, and how to ask for advice, because it makes me feel like sh!@ for even wanting to know WHAT I should do, let me just begin with the situation.
    Before I begin I would like to tell everyone about me, so I don't get rude comments saying I don't know what love is, I'm young ect ect.

I was in a relationship for 5 years(was engaged) and got my heart broken, so I do know what love/heartbreak is.
    My age really doesn't matter, but I will let you know I'm younger than 30 and old enough to drink(haha).

I was with someone for a long time like I said, and then he broke up with me, I healed my heart and found another man who I DO love and who I can see myself being with for the long run, except for one thing.
    His weight.

I'm not exactly a skinny girl, I run about 150. My boyfriend though, he's about 300 I would guess(He's VERY self conscious about his weight, even though he's the most confident person ever and the general eye wouldn't know, I know, he's came out with it and told me)
    His weight ONLY bothers me for a few reasons.
    1) His health, he puts 1/2 a cup of salt on his popcorn, salts everything
    2) Sex, It's lackluster, boring, I usually LOVE sex, but when you're that large, it's hard(no pun intended)
    3) Things I LOVE to do(I.E Roller coasters, plane rides, going out to eat ect ect) being large makes those things very hard to do.

I'm with him for a few reasons. I love his personality, he has a sexy face, and I REALLY do love him, and in the beginning I was contemplating if I should be with him or not(because of his weight), but I decided I would give it a shot because he's amazing.

Now. he's trying to lose weight, but I don't know what I should do.. Wait? Move on? but the BIG question is should I tell him I feel this EVEN though it WILL hurt his feelings(A LOT) and it WILL make him feel even MORE self conscious? or should I keep my mouth shut.

Please help as much as you can, stories of past experiences/current experiences would help A LOT.

yes you should tell him because honesty is the most important thing in a relationship. If you don't tell him and if he finds out about it, then it's going to hurt the relationship because you didn't tell him how you felt. My ex was upset that I did not tell him how I felt until I wanted to break up with him. You should help him lose weight first and then tell him that way he can focus on losing weight instead of thinking how you hurt his feelings./

Weight doesn't matter. What you should do is tell him to eat healthy and monitor his diet. You should also eat healthy with him and don't tempt him to eat junk and fast food. You should encourage him if you love him which I know you do. If you love him and you care about him, give him a chance. I don't think relationship is all about sex, sometimes I get bored making out, but what matter is is how your heart feels. If your heart is with him, then stay and support him and don't break his heart. If you're heart isn't with him, then move on and tell him the truth before you hurt him some more.

Like you said, his weight bothered you for a few reason not a whole list of reasons. I'm sure you have a whole list of reason why you love him and want to stay with him. Don;t let those few reasons hinder your true feelings.
    Ask yourself is sex really all that important? is eating salt all that important? is doing the things you love all that important?
    I would say it is somewhat important because you do in fact care for him and want to do what's best for him and that is to help him lose weight.
    Also this can be fixed because he can always lose weight as long as you give him the support.

Below is a link to healthy eating lifestyle.

please google transition lifestyle. The first link should be it because I can't post it on here

Many people who wanted to lose weight were able to lose it because they had these supplements to help control their eating habits such as being less hungry and help them preserve the nutrients they need. I never tried it before, but you can read the success stories and testimony. It really depends on how committed he is. They also have meals too. These contain healthy nutritious vitamins and minerals including fiber and protein etc. to help them lose the weight and eat healthier.

I hope I helped you.

I also realized myself that I do like this guy I am dating, but I wasn;t sure of myself because my heart didn't flutter. I realized that my heart doesn't have to flutter as long as I plan to I like him and his everything else about him. I know we need some excitement in our sex lives and what we do with our partners but what matter is is how our heart feels about them. I hope this will help you know your true answer!
    Last edited by iamminzy; 07-03-11 at 05:31 PM.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Honestly...yes, you are being a b*tch however, if you do want to be with him than you should support him through his weight loss, he'll feel more motivated if he feels like he has something to work towards which is a BETTER relationship with you. And like you mentioned, if you're not the skinniest girl don't expect him to have a rock-hard fit body. Also, i can't imagine 300 pounds being THAT bad, my bf is almost 300 lbs because he is 6'4" and big boned...he's not 'fat' though and i weigh about 115 lbs.. So either you are expecting wayyy too much from him or he is short, hence making his weight much more noticeable. And salt is not the main cause for obesity, i know tons of skinny ppl who eat sickening amounts of salt...maybe you should advise him to see a nutritionist to help the BOTH of you eat better.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Its really simple. Leave him for being fat, although you said you're WITH him because he has a sexy face, great personality, and you LOVE him right? I'm sure you'll find a great skinny guy with all of those features. I mean, everyone knows that a good man is easy to find right? You only live once, but since you're younger that 30 and old enough to drink I guess you already know that.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Personally i'd take a guy who is a little chubby over a skinny twig any day.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman