+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the MSM isn't telling about Japan

What the MSM isn't telling about Japan

It saddens me that this tragedy occurred...Building an unsafe nuclear
    reactor without enough protection...storing spent fuel rods within the reactors
    themselves (way over 60,000 of them)

Worse: The MSM is hiding what is truly happening.
    I'd advice anyone that can to monitor alternative news outlets and sources.

They have stopped trying to contain the fallout, and stopped trying to put out the fires/explosions that continue to now reach even more reactors, NUCLEAR reactors...

If you live in Japan, Tokyo or anywhere near where the jet stream and other methods of radioactive particles traveling to neighboring cities/countries are heading be aware and evacuate if you can. This is not going to get better: just worse.

They are lying on the MSM about the radiation levels.
    My thoughts and prayers are with them.

I love how everybody all of a sudden thinks they are a nuclear physicist after reading an article about a nuclear meltdown.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what blows my mind, the run on potassium iodide and Geiger counters in the US AND CANADA.

A nuclear meltdown is not funny, but people's over-the-top reactions are. Lord.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Personally, I become more horrified every time I watch the news. The bottom line is: we have no idea how bad this is going to get.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It's bad enough already, we can only hope it gets better or else this is probably going to be the end of japan for years to come. Think about how long it took to get Lousiana back on track. This tsunami and earthquake kicked katrina's ass times 3. How long do you think it will take japan to get back on their feet?
    Last edited by Bo; 18-03-11 at 03:06 AM.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    It's bad enough already, we can only hope it gets better or else this is probably going to be the end of japan for years to come. Think about how long it took to get Lousiana back on track. This tsunami and earthquake kicked katrina's ass times 3. How long do you think it will take japan to get back on their feet?
    They're a strong stubborn people. Even if it took them an entire century, they will get back on track.

I'll go ahead and drop this here.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm on the other side of the earth, I'm not afraid of the nuclear cloud in contrary to many idiots here in Europe that think that were going to be irradiated I think the only ones that should be concerned are Japanese ,no one else and it looks like they stay calm and just do what they have to do to solve the problem . What I can't stand are the news on most websites etc . They try to make people panic and be against nuclear power plants which I find is ridiculous. Listen , in Japan , the earthquake was one of the strongest in history , if those nuclear power plants wouldn't be safe, they would fall into million pieces ,but they are still standing . It happens . I just hope for them that they find a good solution soon. And if you're so worry about the nature , just watch this document:
    Part1

Part2

Part3

Part4

Part5

It doesn't look like a place full of mutants to me... It looks like a nature has finally found peace .
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    NOt to sound unkind, but I don't care about the animals in Chernobyl. There were a lot of neural tube and heart defects and downs syndrome for children born to survivors, and of course, cancer . Also, I don't think large numbers of PEOPLE live in Chernobyl yet. Although perhaps the fear of people outside of Japan is inflated, I think the people INSIDE Japan are reasonably concerned.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fCCVU4y7oE]YouTube - Children of Chernobyl (WARNING: Graphic)[/url]
    Last edited by vashti; 18-03-11 at 09:03 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The thing what happened in Chernobyl is controversial . I don't want to start to argue with you but I have my own opinion about it and I think this whole nuclear energy thing is exaggerated . Look what oil platforms did and nobody is saying that oil is bad and people shouldn't use it ...
    And btw, if you would observe the nature, you'd learn more about the earth and what we people do to ourselves . The way people live is far far away from the nature and being healthy, we don't even need nuclear power plants to slowly kill each others .

And if it goes about Japan, this is what I've said, you should read my post more carefully, I said that nobody besides Japanese should be concerned right now. And you don't have to show those Chernobyl pictures, television and internet is feeding us with this "truth" since over 20 years ...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I love how everybody all of a sudden thinks they are a nuclear physicist after reading an article about a nuclear meltdown.
    Are you one of those ignoramuses that need instructions written in chalk by Richard Dawkins in order for you to understand what is happening?

What is your position? Do you even have one?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Personally, I become more horrified every time I watch the news. The bottom line is: we have no idea how bad this is going to get.
    Yes we DO have an idea how bad things are going to get.
    However if you just casually peruse news outlets like the MSM then sure...you will have zero clue about it.

Japanese passengers traveling FROM Tokyo have alarmed radiation detectors from Chicago, Dallas and LAX airports in the U.S.
    The Japanese LIED to its people about how bad the situation is...

There are currently food shortages, electricity is out, and banks have frozen people's money from withdrawal fearing bank runs.

As it is currently, the radiation levels pursuant to the Jet stream have NOT increased to lethal levels and this is because the reactors have not
    gone critical/have exploded but it is only a matter of time and temps before those spent fuel rods they left in those reactors (totaling over 6 HUNDRED thousand)
    melt=fission and IF they used enriched uranium and plutonium we could have a huge nuclear chain reaction.

It hasn't even gotten there and people in California with radiation detectors (as well as the EPA) HAVE detected radiation spikes not *normal* for their given demographic.
    So has Fresno, Bakersfield, Stockton...etc.

If you need me to get links for you no problem.
    I just wanted to warn anyone who is convinced this disaster is just going to be native towards Japan when the fallout has irradiated the pacific Ocean as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    The thing what happened in Chernobyl is controversial . I don't want to start to argue with you but I have my own opinion about it and I think this whole nuclear energy thing is exaggerated . Look what oil platforms did and nobody is saying that oil is bad and people shouldn't use it ...
    And btw, if you would observe the nature, you'd learn more about the earth and what we people do to ourselves . The way people live is far far away from the nature and being healthy, we don't even need nuclear power plants to slowly kill each others .

And if it goes about Japan, this is what I've said, you should read my post more carefully, I said that nobody besides Japanese should be concerned right now. And you don't have to show those Chernobyl pictures, television and internet is feeding us with this "truth" since over 20 years ...
    There needn't be any arguing if you can talk about your opinion without condemning another person's opinion that
    disagrees with yours.

If I would observe nature? I do all the time.
    Everyone is hit with natural radiation depending on location.
    FYI: Chernobyl reached the U.S.

The fact is the Japanese cannot do shit about this until everything cools.
    If they copy what they did in Chernobyl provided their previous methods to restore cooling and power have
    failed they know they cannot poor concrete, nor lead, nor anything else like liquid nitrogen UNTIL
    it has started to cool. -Which it has not.

The Japanese man in charge of TEPCO has finally admitted the exposure IS lethal.
    [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367684/Nuclear-plant-chief-weeps-Japanese-finally-admit-radiation-leak-kill-people.html]Nuclear plant chief weeps as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people | Mail Online[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Selfless, with you I don't feel like discussing anything, not even a weather . Your irritating behaviour is more lethal for me than the biggest radioactive explosion that's ever going to happen. Keep on irritating others Btw, when you see me replying , don't you even think I'm reffering to anything you write , I just don't give a damn
    I wazzzz here

Would've been fun though, seeing as none of his 'points' actually respond to the argument at all.

Considered illustrating how, but way too lazy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast