+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do most girls have to masturbate if they aren't having sex?

Of course there is an increase in hormones during ovulation, and sexual desire is increased, but this is not about monthly cycles. I did some research and there is a drop in hormones as we get older and some women will lose desire with these changes. But there is nothing to support that change in hormones due to age increases one's sex drive.

Quote Originally Posted by bmews View Post
    Thanks. As a guy in my 20's I know what it is like to have those needs for release just like (stereotypical or not) the vast majority of all males alive. I've always wondered if it was the same for women.

Depending on what articles I have read some say the male vs female brain (and thus views on sex, love, etc) are structurally wired differently and one gender cannot possibly understand the other on an emotional level ...

Some others support the view that men and women are actually more similar then they seem and shared a lot of deeply rooted commonalities. Some even going as far as saying the clitoris is a tiny defunct penis (just like how men have nonfunctional nipples) and anatomically the female/male are quick similar, and that female is the 'default' gender and it is just the three testosterone injections a girl receives (twice in the womb and once again during puberty) that turns "her" into a boy/male.. From that viewpoint the raw sensation, experience and enjoyment of sex is more universally shared between genders as first thought..

What I don't understand is, females don't have ducts that produce sperm.. Masturbation (from an evolutionary standpoint) is so the male can offload old sperm to make room for a newer more potent batch. Since women don't have this problem, (obviously) why would they inherently have the same need for release?

"Going without a release for extended periods? NOT! lol. "

I'm just curious.. This is what I thought as well... but what about those girls who do the "no sex until marriage" abstinence and chastity thing.. for some of these girls they (for moral or religion reasons) also don't believe in self-pleasure.. How do these women (albeit there are the rare minority) handle it?
    They pray a lot lol!

What I don't understand is, females don't have ducts that produce sperm.. Masturbation (from an evolutionary standpoint) is so the male can offload old sperm to make room for a newer more potent batch. Since women don't have this problem, (obviously) why would they inherently have the same need for release?

Well actually your body absorbs the old sperm to generate new, so either or, but you have to remember the biggest sex organ is the brain. And if women didn't have those signals "I'm horny" there would be no evolution of anything....we simply would have died off as a species.
    Last edited by smackie9; 21-03-11 at 10:42 AM.

These answers are not sexy

How do you know you have peaked at your 20's if you are still in your 20's?
    Well, I'm just going on and assuming that since my sex drive is THIS high and intense, that it has nowhere else to go but down, and by my 30s I probably will be.......disinterested in sex.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    Well, I'm just going on and assuming that since my sex drive is THIS high and intense, that it has nowhere else to go but down, and by my 30s I probably will be.......disinterested in sex.
    So have you ever tried to see how long you could go without sex and without any other stimulation? a few months to a year?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I did some research and there is a drop in hormones as we get older and some women will lose desire with these changes.
    From my own research, it is the imbalance between testosterone and cortisol levels that affect sex drive, not the fall (or even rise) exclusively. However, women's hormones are such a mystery, it seems likely there are multiple contributing factors to diminishing sex drive prior to menopause. Male sex drive is so easy: low testosterone = low sex drive, period. Women hardly have any testosterone to begin with, and if the answer to low sex drive was simply to replenish whatever hormone she is lacking, then treatment would be easy.

Anyway, here's an article that proposes another theory about sex drive in women: [url=http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2002838,00.html]Study: Why Older Women Have Higher Sex Drive - TIME[/url]
    Last edited by vashti; 21-03-11 at 08:04 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

God help your future hubby then....lol

He will probably be posting on here 'She is disinterested in sex'...lols

I gotta say though, that I was at my best sexually in my 20's and I thought about it a LOT more than I do now.

But, I also have to say that in my 30's, I'm a helluva lot more confident with myself, than I was back in my 20's. If the right guy came along, I'd still be capable of ravishing him, lol

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    From my own research, it is the imbalance between testosterone and cortisol levels that affect sex drive, not the fall (or even rise) exclusively. However, women's hormones are such a mystery, it seems likely there are multiple contributing factors to diminishing sex drive prior to menopause. Male sex drive is so easy: low testosterone = low sex drive, period. Women hardly have any testosterone to begin with, and if the answer to low sex drive was simply to replenish whatever hormone she is lacking, then treatment would be easy.

Anyway, here's an article that proposes another theory about sex drive in women: [url=http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2002838,00.html]Study: Why Older Women Have Higher Sex Drive - TIME[/url]
    There is a testosterone ointment that can be prescribed that is placed on the clitoris....apparently this can stimulate sexual drive and encourage orgasm.

My sex drive is high when I like / am in love with someone. That has always been my sexual trigger. And before and during my period.

PS. Interesting link, Vashti.

I don't know about you guys, but I have come in to ALOT of women who are in their sexual peak in their early 20's. (including myself) I don't know why this is, maybe this can't even be scientifically proven, but I walk in to the girls bathroom at my uni, and they're all swapping sex stories. So I don't understand what most of you are talking about. :-P
    That is because woman are able to chat about their sex lives

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    That is because woman are able to chat about their sex lives
    Good point.

I couldn't exactly go around bragging and swapping stories about my sex life, I was married in my early 20's.

I'm able to brag about it now though

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm way hornier now (in my 30's) than I was in my 20's. I didn't think that was possible, but it is. I can brag about my sex life more now too, because most of the other women my age have kids and hardly get any. I am fortunately not saddled with that problem.
    Last edited by bluesummer; 22-03-11 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It depends on the hormonal balance in a woman. Typically, women in their late teens and twenties don't feel the physical "need" for sex the way a male does, especially if she is taking birth control pills. Sometime during their 30s, hormones change, and (a lot of) women begin to find themselves feeling as aroused as a teenage boy.
    YUP!!! You got that right. I'm 35 and I am not in a relationship at the moment, and i masturbate quite often!! Gotta, haha, As Vashti said, yes we feel as aroused as a teenage boy. All my friends are goin through the same thing!!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have to doubt that most women knows what it is like to be a teenage boy. However you feel now, stick a vibrator inside your pussy and turn it on low. When your sex organs are on the outside you're always getting played with

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast