+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok, there's this girl at school...

Ok, there's this girl at school...

Right, I’m 16, currently in year 11, I have been at my school with this girl since secondary school, I never really knew here until the start of year 11, I have never had a class with her because she is on the second half of the school, she is in A and I am in B, we are both in top set maths, English and science, but in different halves. I am trying to get closer to her by becoming student leader (like a prefect) so I could maybe do judies around the school with her, like guarding corridors and doors. I have never spoken to her apart from when I say thanks when she opens the door for me or she says thanks to me, or when I accidentally open the door wide open when she is behind it and I say sorry, we both smile at each other

The thing is, I have never had a conversation with her and she seems really nice and I want to get to know her more, I think she wants to get to know me too, but I think she may be in the same situation as me, shy...

Any help guys would be appreciated and I will keep you posted on my progress with her.

Just talk to her. You gotta man up dude! If you don't really know her, maybe say: hey, I run into you a lot! What's your name? (Or something like that if you know her name.Just ask a question about her or say something funny.) If you know each other a little better, maybe mention that you see her a lot but you two never get to catch up and see if she'd like to catch up with you sometime. Is she a student leader already? If so, maybe you can ask her about it. Ask her some details about the position and if she has any advice for you as far as running/applying goes.

Just relax. Good luck.

Ya how about introducing yourself to her and then ask for her name ...duh