+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she goes out of her way one day to ignore me, she texts me for small talk the next???

she goes out of her way one day to ignore me, she texts me for small talk the next???

So I need some advice guys. I dated this girl for about 4 moths and for the past 2 months we have been just kinda not working out. We officially ended things 2 weeks ago. Anyway, starting this week, I decided it would be best to just keep my conversation with her to a minimum, but not ignore her completely because we have class together and such.

well, Wednesday I tested out my new approach. I talked when I was talked too, I didnt like, ignore her, but I just did not openly engage in small talk with her. Well by the end of lab she was pretty much ignoring me. So fast-forward 30 min, I am sitting in the hallway and she walks by and doesnt even acknowledged I am sitting there. She was headed to the computer lab, so I waited about 5, 10 min and walked in to talk to her for a second.

We have the same classes next symester, so I said "listen, I dont want this to be wierd, I will change my classes if I need to.", she said "I dont want it to be weird either , no I promise its cool" and that was pretty much it. she did not want to offer another single moment of time. So I said have a good day and walked out.

well I was sitting in the same hallway when she left, and again, nothing. didnt look or say hello or even flinch. Pretty rude. So I go into the lab once she leaves and start working on work.

Well the Lab is a giant glass box basically so everybody can see in. She walked by a few times while I was in there, and when I noticed her, she made it obvious she was not trying to make eye contact. So whatever, I finished my work, and left.

Now the next day here she is texting me like nothing is going on.... wtf is that? Just "asking if I got my classes registered" and making small talk. Really, wtf is she thinking? shes 20 and im 24.

That's normal. Usually after a breakup, it's quit awkward and there is a need to make an emotional disconnect to protect one's feelings. So most people will ignore their ex. Then after a little time has past, they are fine with having a little contact, it goes along with the we can still 'remain friends' idea.

I agree with Bonfire completely. Just like you were trying out a new strategy, she was probably trying out a new strategy in how to deal with the interaction between the two of you. With time it will get better and better, unless you panic and get angry over the adjustment period.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

unfortunately I still have feelings for her.... this is all just overwhelming

Yeah distance best thing. Lot people deal with exs like that.