+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am really quite sane, with the exception of the impossible relationships I choose t

I am really quite sane, with the exception of the impossible relationships I choose t

I am a 49 year old woman who has been dating a 60 year old man for a little over 1 and a half years. Our relationship is is , in my opinion, based on his need for the practical things that I do for him such as errands, cooking, and just hanging out. We barely have an intimate relationship at all. He does not like physical affection or verbal affection either. It has become so painful to me that I think more and more about seeing other men. I am attractive and have no trouble at all meeting men. My problem is that I am emotionally attached to him somehow. I have always been a caregiver to all. I never choose a man who can take care of me. have had several caring and loving men interested in me but I turn them away. He seems very comfortable being taken care of. He was married and had two children with a woman who took care of everything. From what I have heard they did not have a traditional marriage based on love. As sad as that is, it made me feel better to hear that he has always been the way he is now. He had a 20 year affair with a woman while married and her complaints were very similar to mine. I am unfortunately one of those people who still believe that I can help him overcome his emotional problems. I can not bear to hurt his feelings but is there somewhere I can direct him or us for some help? I do realize that we both have our own separate problems together. I feel I have worked so hard and do not want to just give up.

Dear starfish, be a caretaker for yourself... When you die, do you really want to say to yourself: I was a good caretaker, I took good care of that man...
    If you think you deserve better and if you allow yourself to be loved, choose for yourself. Unless you like to have a 60 year old child in your life. It's time for you to have someone who loves you and appreciates you. And showing it verbally and non-verbally. His behaviour is hurting you and his ex tried 20 years to help him, do you really think you have superpowers to help him? He 's the only -only- one who can change his situation, no-one else. As long as you enable him to live like this, he will never change. Give yourself a big present for your 50th birthday... Real Love & Happiness!