+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It Gets Easier I Promise

It Gets Easier I Promise

Hey Broken Heart Friends.

I've been here since about December so I wanted to let you once again... the time helps... a lot. And this Forum helps to so if you're new... welcome... we're here to help

I just found out my ex has a crush on someone new, and you know what I'm really ok with it.

I promise you just need to take it a day at a time and surround yourself with supportive people. I know it doesn't seem like things are ever going to get better but they will. You just got keep going one day at a time.

I know how you feel so I want you to know you can move on. It sucks. It hurts. But it will end, and you will be happier for it.

I hope everyone gets to that point sooner rather than later.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Congratulating to you. I broke up at 1/ December, but I don't feel as good as you yet. There are still down days and feel like I can see handsome guys flirted with me were attractive, but I still not feel ready to be in anyone's else arms. Still miss his arms and memories. Still not ready to have someone new, look like still a long way, and I want to totally get over him before meeting someone new.

Can I ask how often you have contact with your ex? Look at their facebook? Talk about them with mutual friends?

That stuff can really make the healing process move incredibly slow. I from previously relationships that took years to heal because I wasn't moving on properly.

There are down days, there always will be but they get fewer and far between.

Also don't be afraid to go on a date or two... even if you have no serious intentions. The feelings you get from a fun date really help resonate that you'll be able to feel that way about someone else again.

I know this all sounds like that fodder from a woman's magazine but it's all true.

Hope you start seeing progress really soon
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Its amazing to see someone that has healed from a broken heart.. It gives the rest of us hope that we will once again, one day, feel human again. I dont feel i will ever get to that point again, i am devastated and it wont go away But your right, their is moving on.. Then their is moving on the right way. I neeeed to go NC.

Thanks for the post
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

It's good to hear from people that are on their way to recovery. It's a nice change from the usual theme around here.

I feel 100x better than I have in the last couple weeks, and it's refreshing to not be miserable all the time. I can think about my ex without wanting to throw something. It's still hard, and she's in my mind all the time, but it's different now. It's less upsetting and more annoyingly sad.

Hang in there everyone. Stay busy, do things you normally wouldn't do, and try to throw yourself into the unknown. It's spring, everyone is looking to have some fun =)

Yeah i agree...

I went from nearly dieing from all the stress i put on myself to being happy with life. I was at a point where I didnt think I would ever get better. It will happen for you all.. just have faith in yourself that its not the end of the world and everything will be OK.

wish there was a way to fast foward time i have mixed emotions every single day. one day i fine another i wanna die. 14 months ago i got out of an 8 year relationship with my one and only girlfriend and high school sweetheart. I am taking all the advice but damn its so so hard, I dont mean to scare or discourage weak hurt people like me, but i also do believe there is light at the end of the tunnel and time heals all wounds no one said life was fair or easy, but its possible to move on. The only advice is to move on and be happy with yourself before you meet someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by seganomics View Post
    Can I ask how often you have contact with your ex? Look at their facebook? Talk about them with mutual friends?

That stuff can really make the healing process move incredibly slow. I from previously relationships that took years to heal because I wasn't moving on properly.

There are down days, there always will be but they get fewer and far between.

Also don't be afraid to go on a date or two... even if you have no serious intentions. The feelings you get from a fun date really help resonate that you'll be able to feel that way about someone else again.

I know this all sounds like that fodder from a woman's magazine but it's all true.

Hope you start seeing progress really soon
    He ignored me so there were no contact at all, and I asked him to remove me from Fb when we broke up, I don't talk to mutual friends as they r mostly friends from his side, my pride would stop me from doing any contact with any person concern to him.

So, most nights I couldn't sleep and can't stop my head from thinking about him which is getting so frustrating, I want it to stop, this annoying feelings are hard and can't control them, omg I want to forget him right now!

Hey me and my ex spit just before christmas it does get easier but sometimes i do find myself slipping into sad mode , I have a better social life now than i ever have had and met some great new friends who mostly are all in the same boat , I have gone on a few dates but unsure whether im really ready as i think im still in the time frame where comparasions will be made .
    My ex is with someone new now so good luck to him
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    He ignored me so there were no contact at all, and I asked him to remove me from Fb when we broke up, I don't talk to mutual friends as they r mostly friends from his side, my pride would stop me from doing any contact with any person concern to him.

So, most nights I couldn't sleep and can't stop my head from thinking about him which is getting so frustrating, I want it to stop, this annoying feelings are hard and can't control them, omg I want to forget him right now!
    I still sleep on the couch instead of my bed. I would try for hours to fall asleep in bed and just let thought race and race. I suggest finding a place where you're comfortable...

Also if you have Netflix... almost every season of Saturday Night Live is on there. I'll just watch until I pass out sometimes... it keeps your mind busy and you get a good laugh or two. Keep the computer off, and phone out of sight.

During the day have something to look forward to everyday... even if it's something simple like... play a round of wii bowling. You'll start to concentrate on that more and pretty soon you'll notice a whole day past by and you never even thought of them.

Lastly, it's okay to grieve. Allow yourself some time to cry about it if you need to. Breaking up hurts we all know that. Soon enough you'll notice you don't need as much time to cry.

i was supposed to get married. it was less than a month away and then my (now) ex just disappeared. just left me hanging.

you know those stories about wanting to die when you your fiancee drops you and feeling like crap and effed up things like that? those aren't even close.

but hey, i'm here. in one piece. time truly heals all wounds.

to the original poster, I completely agree.

I was with a girl for 6 years. One day, last June, she ended it and said she didn't love me anymore. A week later, she was moving all her stuff out of our apartment...with her new boyfriend. 2 month later, they were engaged.

For nearly 6 months, I was a wreck. I dropped so much weight, I never left the house, I hated the world. I was so lost.

Here I am almost a year later though, and I made it through the pain. It IS tough, and there are times when you think you would do anything to get that person back, but eventually, you realize, that life goes on. I still occasionally think about her, and I smile thinking of the old days with her, but if she were to ask me back now, I would confidentally say no, and then thank her for making me realize how strong I really am.

Thank you for sharing everyone!

I also think it's importance to strive for indifference towards an ex. Loving them and hating them requires effort on your part. Grudges are so time consuming and no one deserves to waste their time on something like a grudge.

You don't have to be friendly or even talk to them, but don't let their actions dictate your emotions. They aren't worth it!

I cannot wait for the moment I will be able to say the same. I live with my ex right now. I only have 3 more weeks to do with her at this place. Things might take a while for me because we will be working on a school project together next year(we decided to do this before splitting up. Now there is no going back.) I want to improve myself this summer and move on so that I will be able to handle working in a group with her next year. I think NC this summer for at least 2 months. I haven't been able to go completely no contact. Her room is just next mine.

Thanks for the stories though.