+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some help on a matter of trust for my new girl.

Need some help on a matter of trust for my new girl.

Ok, so i've been seeing this girl for about 2/3 months.

But we made it exclusive and 'official' a few days ago.

Here's my problem, when i first started seeing her, someone close to me, told me to never go out with her, that she'd do something to hurt me and it wouldn't be worth it, although they don't even know her that well at all so i have 'slightly' ignored that.
    She's going out with her friends at the weekend, and said to me that she's going to "get drunk and do something stupid"', Obviously by this she means a stupid action of some kind and not something to do with a guy.

But why would you tell your partner you're going to do something stupid, i never would. Im as loyal as they come, but i don't think loyalty even came into her mind when she said it, she doesn't understand he statement like i have.

So yeah, i can safely say right now, i don't have all the trust for her i should have, i had nothing but trust for my EX. But this is different and makes me feel so insecure and paranoid about stuff, and makes me feel down to be honest :/

Do i talk to her about it? have i made the wrong move commiting a relationship with her?

When you are dating, the real person does not come out for 90 days. Everyone is always on their best behavior in the beginning and do not show all of their cards or true colors. Women, because we are very insecure, want to pin down and define the relationship as soon as possible. If I were you, I would slow way down, get to know her better and continue to date other people. Trust your gut. Remember, at this point you really don't know her At All!

Do you think its possible the person who told u not to date her has a crush on her or has their own biased reasons for disliking her? Did they give u any reason or evidence?

The person who gave me the advice is happily married as of last november so it's very, very highly unlikely it's the case!!.

And they are very close to me, not her, i know they are trying to genuinly help.

What's your ages? If she's going to a party without you to get drunk and do something stupid, I'm about 90% certain it will involve a guy. Think about it. She's basically setting you up for the "I got sooo drunk and one thing lead to another, I'm so sorry, it was a accident." Ask her what she means by she's goint to do something stupid, have her explain it to you, nothing wrong with that. She has already made plans to lose her inhibitions and let loose, you know that much.......sounds like a party chick, definitely NOT girlfriend material.

Have you asked her what she meant by that statement? Don't be afraid to talk to her. If this is concerning to you (as it should be), then talk to her about it. If she gets defensive, just let her know it is because you care about her well being and don't know if you have the money to bail her out of jail (to make a joke out of it). But honest and open communication is the only way a relationship can survive.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!