+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Give this girl another chance, or end it?

Give this girl another chance, or end it?

Ok, so long story short I caught a girl that I really like with another guy at her place. She knew I was coming to pick her up, and I get there and shortly after another car pulls up with the other guy. He's staring me down and I'm like 'Are you her boyfriend?' He looks at her, she won't answer. She's redfaced and on the verge of crying. I asked her if she was coming with me or him or what? She just stands there for a minute and says we can both come in if we want to. I tell her I have to be somewhere in an hour and give her a hug and look her right in the eye and tell her flatly, Goodbye. I leave and have pretty much ignored any of her texts and calls for about a week. We both work weekends at the same place, so it was inevitable that I'd see her again. Yesterday at work I texted her and told her I wanted to talk to her on her break with the intention of telling her I was moving on, and she could date the other guy. I don't wanna be two timed, but best of luck, hope it works out etc. She doesn't answer and later I pass by an office room and she's in there head down crying, I come in put my hand on her back, and kinda reassuringly say hello. She goes on to tell me that she's told the other guy to buzz off and that she wants me. Problem is, I dont' believe her, why should I? But I caved and got to talking to her instead of just ending it right there. Simply put I don't trust her anymore, and wanna take the high road here.. should I just end this? By the way, we aren't and never have been exclusive with each other, but she had told me on several occasions that I was the only guy in her life. So that's why I feel betrayed.

Ya exactly why should you. She's not married so she is fair game to any guy. But on the other hand she should have told you differently.....that she was still open to dating others atm but she didn't. It's a stupid ploy that little immature girls play to keep you around until she can pick who she wants. Don't be a sucker. She isn't crying over you, she is crying because she got caught red handed. If you are not into play games, then stay away from her. She isn't ready for the real deal.

Yeah, forget her, she's not worth the trouble.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I regret not telling her right then and there what a disappointment she was, and that if she'd just been honest I could at least respect that. Unfortunately I'm a sucker for a crying girl, even if she is crying for her own selfish reasons. I'd still like to tell her off, but I think it'd look lame if I did it now. Thanks for the brutal honesty btw haha, wish more people were like that.

It is so easy as an outsider to say yeh just forget her

I guess because you weren't in a relationship its not technically cheating but i bet it still hurts a lot,

You have been betreayed by this girl she has lied, and why lie when you are not yet exclusive?

It seems odd that you both somehow turned up the same time, maybe she was keeping her options open to whereever you were meant to be going

My advice would be to take it slow go back to pure friends , and if you feel you can trust her as a friend again maybe more will come, just be on your guard, not like a paranoid freak (like me) but still enough on your guard to question (in your mind) anything suss. You will work out soon enough if she is worth worrying over

Good luck xx

It seems odd that you both somehow turned up the same time, maybe she was keeping her options open to whereever you were meant to be going

She said she texted me and told me to come by later on.. but I never got that text.. she just screwed up and got caught I guess, but yeah, pretty stupid on her part. It does hurt a little, but I'd rather know than not know what she's up to, chances are she'd been doing this for a good while before she got caught.

Screw that chick. Even if she didn't technically two-time you she is disorganized, emotional and indecisive. And that will lead to trouble down the line. Stop being such the 'nice guy' cuz you'll end up getting stepped all over.