+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old photos bumming me out

seganomics.. read the book again, you are falling into an old "agreement" where you are replaying situations over in your head over and over.. which is why you are having problems looking at the pictures. You are NOT DOING YOUR BEST! The past is the past, and you need to focus on the NOW.

Look at you assuming what I'm doing! Just kidding of course. I think I did my best today. I took out anything that had no business being there. Like there was one whole album of a trip to an amusement park we took. I don't need to remember that so I removed the whole album.

I think I reached the happy medium. You can tell we once existed in the same world and did some stuff together but nothing overly emotional (which really no one on facebook wants to see that anyway.)

If I start to get bummed out again I'll move forward and keep deleting until I've reached that neutral point again.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

That sounds like an excellent plan! Good luck!

you will eventually come to a point where you can look at the pictures and not get upset about them... you are almost there.. keep working on it.. do your best to make an effort to not let it affect you.

I would stuff them in a folder somewhere deep in your hard drive and not look at them until you're ready. get them off facebook though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12