+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would this put you off?

I would of moved on to the next faster than you can say what happened

Great responses, guys.

Reading them through made me think if I were insecure.

I think I was.

The thing is I was never an insecure person till my last break up.

I was always percieved as being 'very confident' amongst close friends or/and strangers that I met for the first time but my last break up really shook me in every way.

This guy is a pretty confident person to the extent that some may see him arrogant. Not long after we met, I started calling him 'Mr. Humility', saying that he should make himself more familiar with the word 'Humility'. This is all in good humour though.

By the time I met him again, I read the first few good responses on this thread and thought I needed to 'correct' what I had done. Ha.

We were out on a picnic in the forest. Eating, drinking, joking and generally having a good time, I playfully said, '...you know, I didn't actually think you were out of my league. I just said that to make you feel good and thought you'd need that extra push but seeing you are Mr.Humility, I don't think you need that anyway so I am taking it back now.'

And he said, 'okay, thanks'.

Now, I don't care how this may have been interpreted. I just felt good after that

'...you know, I didn't actually think you were out of my league. I just said that to make you feel good and thought you'd need that extra push but seeing you are Mr.Humility, I don't think you need that anyway so I am taking it back now.'

You know, I am sorry I have to say this, but the above was ... very bad. It screams insecurity and neediness. If he is any clever, the above has likely deepened his impression of you being insecure. If you were a confident gal, why would you need to "reframe" and explain yourself...?

Anyways, I hope all goes well for the 2 of you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    '...you know, I didn't actually think you were out of my league. I just said that to make you feel good and thought you'd need that extra push but seeing you are Mr.Humility, I don't think you need that anyway so I am taking it back now.'

You know, I am sorry I have to say this, but the above was ... very bad. It screams insecurity and neediness. If he is any clever, the above has likely deepened his impression of you being insecure. If you were a confident gal, why would you need to "reframe" and explain yourself...?

Anyways, I hope all goes well for the 2 of you. :-)
    You may be right but I don't actually care that much now. If it doesn't work out, I will take it as another lesson learnt. Meeting this guy made me realise that I have finally let my ex go so all in all I feel good no matter what!

only said the once it is not a problem. Don't talk this way too much have your own confidence. Knwo that youare a sexy awesome person worthy of a hot guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12