+ Follow This Topic

Thread: antibiotics and the pill

antibiotics and the pill

I am currently on the pill and have been taking an antibiotic for my skin, today I copped a full load of cum. Does anyone have any idea on how increased my risk would be for pregnancy?

what antibiotic are you on and for how long? The two antibiotics that are known to interact the most with hormonal contraceptives are rifampicin and rifabutin.

If you are on any of these two, you should talk to your physician and use different form of contraception (condoms being the easiest) for at least a three weeks after you have completed the treatment.

It isn't either of those, these are just a long term course to be taken over a few months

talk to your physician - most won't interact, but there are other factors that need to be considered as well.

I am on an antibiotic for my skin (called Akamin) and was told it would reduce the effectiveness of the Pill. I have been on both for years now and no problems. However we are all different so I would check with your Dr and maybe even take morning after pill if you are that concerned.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    maybe even take morning after pill if you are that concerned.
    Morning after pill is obviously not a long-term (not even medium-term) solution. It can cause serious hormonal imbalance if not used properly. Talk to your physician.

Obviously.... I was referring to her comment today I copped a full load of cum. meaning if she was concerned about this particular incident. Not as a contraceptive.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I understood, but I thought I should make it clear anyway. "Obvious" is the standard when it comes to such questions.

I have been taking it for about 2 months now and if we have gone unprotected he always avoids cumming (although there is always pre-cum I guess) and I have been fine, I was just curious on how much it would reduce the effectiveness. It was a little silly today and it definately won't be happening again. Thanks everyone for your input and I will be enquiring about it soon